Friday 30 December 2011

New Years Eve Eve ♥

So today is New Years Eve Eve...and it is also getting close to mine and Ed's anniversary. Our 3rd anniversary will be New years day, we were together when we were younger too so collectively it would be about 5 years. Seems way longer but I am excited. We are having a New years eve party at our new place, with all the family round. I have spent the last day or so tidying up for it, and we've got all the grub and stuff for it now so I'm looking forward! I got up late today so I've only had about 3 hours of daylight and haven't really felt like doing anything today because it's too cold and plus I just want it to be tomorrow! So what I did do, was paint my nails ready! 


I  was inspired by blogger Dolly Bow Bow, who had put up a tutorial on how to do newspaper nails. So  I painted them with 2 coats of Barry M 305 Pink Flamingo. I ♥ Barry M - hence the Dazzled part of the blog name! I must have almost every Dazzle dust going, and plenty of their other products, but I'll go through some of those on a later post. So once dry, I dipped each nail in Vodka and then pressed a strip of newspaper over them. After about 30 seconds I peeled the paper off and it leaves the print on the nail. I then coated them with Sally Hansen Diamond strength top coat which I also LOVE. I would recommend it to anyone, it dries instantly and really does help brittle nails. Apologies for the rubbishy picture, but you get the idea!


I also managed to make the bed today. Our room is all tidy so I have to keep on top of it now. Our covers are Cameo's and necklaces. I love them and they were only about £13.00 from Primark. Another one of my all time love's :) 


Just thought I would show a couple of my jewellery stands. I am pretty obsessed with Jewellery and have billions of necklaces and earrings. (Perhaps slight exaggeration...) This has my Pearl Thomas Sabo on it. I have 6 charms on it I think. I have the Eiffel Tower with a diamond in it (I am also obsessed with the Eiffel) a 'T' for Tilly, and 'E' for Ed, a plane because I love flying, a pink heart and a '21' that my friends at work got me for my birthday. I wear it pretty much everyday along with my Pandora. Also got on there my fakey Tresor Paris. I got it off Ebay and was only about a fiver. I didn't want a real one because no doubt something new will come along sooner or later! I love it all the same.


This is my Eiffel Tower earring holder. One of my bestie's saw it in Claire's while I was with her and it was in the sale for like £4! Bargain! It just had to be bought. So I love big studs and vintage looking earrings. The top earrings I found at a charity shop for about a pound, I couldn't believe it. I never go in charity shops but I have seen a few people on here and youtube that go and find stuff, so I had a look and came out with a few crackers!


I also found this beautifully detailed bag in a charity shop as well. It was 3 pounds and I think if that was in a shop now it'd be pretty expensive because of the detailing. I also found the bow for 50p in a bow tie box. I had a broken pearl necklace at home, so I sewed on the pearls in the corners and sewed on the bow just to customise it a bit. It's great for the vintage look and there won't be another one anywhere! 
So if I get chance I will blog tomorrow on how the preparations for the party are going! If not, have a great new year! 
Ciao for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment