Friday 23 March 2012

Make up, nails n stuff! ♥

Hey everyone! So I thought I would just do a little update again with what has been crackalacking! Ed & I are off to the lake district tonight which is a lovely picturesque part of the UK, and covered in lakes! (If you hadn't already guessed...) So we have been before to this particular hotel, but it was only on business last time. We liked it so much we thought it would be nice to spend the weekend there for Eds birthday tomorrow, so we can have a little relax and an explore. Then we go to Cyprus 2 weeks today! Woohoo I'm excited, so much going on! 

So firstly, I have FINALLY bought a 120 palette. Something I am sure you have all seen before, but it has taken me years to get on the bandwagon! I don't know why really just haven't bothered, but I am glad I did now! It did take the mickey to come as it is from China, almost 3 weeks! But it was worth the wait. If you just type into Ebay '120 palette' they all come up. Usually they set you back about £10 - £15, but I quickly jumped in on a bid only one and got it for £7 with postage, so keep your eye open for a bargain! 
Sorry about the shocking picture, it was just a quick one to send to my Mom! The colours are wickedly pigmented, and I think it is going to last me rather a long time!


We went for a curry with Eds Mom and Dad for Eds birthday as we won't be here, so I thought I would try the palette out. Here I am wearing a very light lemony nude shade, applied firstly all over the lid. (After applying primer), then if you can see the blue patches on my top, I matched that to the nearest blue on the palette, and put that on the outer corners and crease. To define it a little more, I went in with a darker turquoise shade (a little like my hair colour), and further defined the crease, and super blended it all. I quite like these colours together, nice and springy! Earrings £2, Necklace £4, Shrug top £8 all from Primark. On the lips, George ASDA nude lip liner £4, and MAC Hue over the top £13.50.


Again sorry for the poor quality of the picture, but we were zooming really quick out to the cinema to see the Hunger Games!! I thought I would do a really quick 5 minute Katniss Everdeen inspired look - not exact, but how I liked it! I did a messy side plait as she has it, thick black winged liner (Blacktrack fluidline from MAC £16.00), mascara (MUA curved mascara £3.00) and Hue from MAC on the lips (£13.50). I thought the film was absolutely amazing and the second one can't come quickly enough!
So for tonights Lake District adventure, I have done my nails ready for the weekend. I decided to do a graduated glitter nail, because they always look pretty cool, especially when I have my fakies on. Fake nails are 200 pack from Boots (£8.00), my holy grail fake nails! Polishes are both from Primark and come in sets of four (not these colours together though), and the sets are £2.00 each. They are great quality varnishes and the blue is a one coat wonder! To graduate glitter, start about a quarter way up from the cuticle to the tip, then let it dry. When dry start a little bit further up, let dry etc etc you get the drift! If its a holographic glitter like this, try and get most of the larger glitter pieces towards the nail tips, it may be fiddly but gets a much better graduated look! Finish up with some Sally Hansen Diamond Shine nail hardener (£10.00) - not really a top coat but works wonders for me! 

So there you have it! Do you have any good nail designs to try? I would love to see!
Thanks for reading and I'll post some piccies when we return! 
Ciao for Now xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment