Monday 26 March 2012

A wedding you say? ♥

Hello Strangers! I hope everybody is spiffingly well. Putting the title of this blog to one side for a minute, I shall firstly persevere with our little weekend trip to the lake district! Please be aware this post is going to be picture heavy!
We had a great weekend and couldn't have been luckier with the weather! We went to the same lovely hotel we went to before, and it was gorgeous. On Ed's birthday, we did some shopping around Kendal, and had plenty of grub (diet oh-so-slightly out of the window this weekend). I did manage to kind of be good, but we were celebrating so I had the first alcoholic drink, and chocolate in a month. Must admit my date with the scales didn't go too well after that.
We got looking around a few charity shops, because you never know what you might find, and being thrifty can save you money, and land you some unique items! Ed wanted some whiskey glasses for his office, and I just wanted to see what bits and bobs were about. Here is what we came out with!

Just a view from a side street pub we sat at! So cute!

I had seen glasses very similar to these at an arts and crafts village near to us, and they retailed at around £17.00 each. I really liked them because they are so different and hand blown and painted, but for that price I would be frightened to use them! So in one charity shop, I was having a good root around, and these little beauties caught my eye! They were in a locked cabinet under the sales desk and they were just like what I had looked at previously, but ALL FOUR for  £12.00! They still had a sticker on that said hand blown, so I doubt they had ever been used! SOLD to me! I just soak them in a bowl of hot water and fairy liquid, and they will be just as new!


Then we were on the hunt for Eds whiskey glasses and decanter. In two separate shops, we firstly found the decanter. It has a slight crack in the top but nothing you would notice, and that was £4.99. It has a lovely crystal detail and perfect for what he needs. Who knows what he might have paid from a shop. We then went into another, and saw the set of glasses.


The glasses were in the same shop as these lovely vintage scent bottles, but the glasses were £5.00 for all six, and the bottles were £12.00 for four. So we asked if we could have the lot for £15.00 and kindly the shop assistant agreed! Bargain! It pays to barter a little, but not too cheekily! The vintage scent bottles are so different and unique! I have never seen anything like it, and they will look great on my dressing table after a soak!


Then I found these beauties. I love looking for vintage earrings in charity shops, you can get some really interesting pieces. These pair of earrings are so different, I have never seen anything like it and the detail on them is so unique! Great catch for me, especially at £1.50!!


I also popped into Superdrug and managed to get two of the new Maybelline colour tattoos. They are really great, the staying power of the cream eyeshadows are brilliant. I had a gold swatch on my hand, I went swimming, and in the shower and it was still there! So you have to scrub if you want it off, or some really good make up remover. Great staying power!


Onto the exciting bit then....As you may or may not know, Ed and I have been engaged 8 months now, and haven't really discussed much of the wedding. HOWEVER after having going to the lake district twice and loving it so much we have decided to get the ball rolling! We are actually booking the date! We are going to go for the Friday 25th of April 2014. We would have had the 18th, but that date is that years good Friday, so it is bound to be more expensive then. We have two years to do it all, so that gives me time to lose weight, save up, and tailor it to how we want. We are pretty much keeping it to family, as you do have to draw the line somewhere, and with it being two and a half hours away, not many people will come just for the night do.
I am beyond excited! Even though it's ages away, I am sure it will come round pretty quick!

 This is the lovely hotel!!


This is the little pagoda that we want to get married in, fingers crossed for the weather!


Here we are at the hotel, love it!


So stay tuned to see my gradual wedding plans, and if you want to see some of my wedding ideas, add me on Pinterest. CLICK ME
Woooohooo!
Ciao for now! xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment