Monday 2 April 2012

Vintage Fair & Thrifty Times! ♥

Oh Hai Der! >.<
So yesterday I went to a Vintage fair at my local town hall, and MAN was it busy! I knew it was going to be popular, but I didn't realise it was going to be a can't-even-get-a-look-in jobby. Fighting through all the hustle and bustle, I managed to get some sneaky pics with my phone of some of the stalls. They aren't great but if you haven't been to a vintage fair before, it gives you the idea of what it is all about. I love them, but there aren't many round here. I like that with a bit of imagination and thriftyness, you can get some lovely pieces!

Here was a stand with handmade bag pins. I didn't have any money left at this point but I thought they were pretty cute! There is a pink 'T' I had my eye on towards the bottom of the picture, but I was all spent out! To be honest, I could probably make these myself with a bit of practice!


Gotta love a bargain bin! If you do go to a fair like this, make sure you have a good rummage through things like this. I found a gorgeous scarf in this one that I am going to use as a headscarf for that 'rockabilly' look, as you will see in a picture further down.


Cupcakes! Theres always plenty of yummy cupcakes at a vintage fair! But me being on a diet, couldn't indulge in the pleasure. I bought Ed a red velvet one though!


A Sweet stall! Everything with sugary goodness you can think of.


They had some entertainment on called The Pin-Ups, and they were really great actually. Singing and dancing with all the vintage gear on, they looked the part! All the men that had been dragged there were soon glad they came.


This was a stall that had loads of pieces, I was eyeing up a gold chain that I really liked because it was short, so it would look great under a shirt collar. It was a fiver and I only had about £20 with me so I carried on looking around, but I kept wishing I had got it. So I went back to the stall and a lady had it in her hand! I was like nooooo! Then my Mom saw her put it down so I grabbed it! I'm glad I did I love it. Picture further down.


Some cute little pins!


Here are my purchases. A scarf from the bargain bin at £1.00, a gold chain for £5.00, some turquoise and gold clip on earrings for £3.50 and some exfoliating sugar scrub in berrylicious for £5.25 - which smells yummy! I think I did fairly well and really like everything I purchased! If you get chance to go to a vintage fair, I'd definitely check it out, because it's interesting and there are always quirky, weird and wonderful people there! I feel right at home!


We then popped to one of our local charity shops as we were in the thrifty mood, and I just loved this big pink wedding hat! Was a wickedly pink colour, but I am not or won't be a mother of a bride for quite some time yet! Lipstick = Force of Love by the MAC Chenman Ltd Edition Range.


I did however, come across this mint green shirt. Mint and pastel colours are all in this season as you probably know, so this just stuck out to me. It obviously looks extremely old granny, but you will have to work with me here! I love the criss cross detail along the collar and button strip, so what I am going to do is put some gold buttons on it, and material on the inside about halfway up the sleeve, to enable to sleeves to be rolled up and buttoned. 


Here is the detail a little closer. I think it will look pretty good when it is finished, for £3.95 you can't go wrong!


So that is all I have for now really. We have had confirmation that the wedding date is set! Wahoooo! So just going to be our trip up in May now to go and put the deposit down. I have also found a dress I really like, but it is way too early to be posting pictures like that so nearer to the time I will!
Ciao for now! xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment