Monday 16 April 2012

Trip to Cyprus ♥


Greetings! I Hope you are doing diddly dandy! What a week. I am going to have to split it into two posts so as not to bore you! I will warn you that these are going to be picture heavy, but I like to look at pictures so you might do too. Firstly I am going to waffle on to you about our holiday to Cyprus. Not to make you well-jel or anything...but just to share our experience! 
This is a little picture of the make up and nails I did for the journey! I went for a coral look, especially as coral nails look fab when you have a bit of a tan! So this is Models own nail polish in Tropical Sun...I think it  is called, available at boots. Eyebrows are MUA matte brown in shade 19, available in Superdrug, and my lips are a number 17 lipstick, in lasting fix Hot Chilli. It really does last quite well, and they aren't too expensive! One of my favourite corals.


Waiting to board the plane, I grabbed these amazing sunnies from Claires at the airport, they are a great match for my hair! Also, Monarch give you these fit to fly tags for your hand luggage! Me likey. I also forgot to mention I got full body searched through security, as I always do, because I have ears full of metal with 9 piercings, 2 in my belly and then I had a big chain necklace on and set the bleepers off =/  I am an idiot. I just walk through with my arms out ready now!


On our plane, a woman decided to neck back neat vodka from a bottle she bought at the Duty Free. As you can imagine, always fun when you are confined at 30,000 feet. She kicked off and luckily we were at the back of the plane, but she ended up punching a passenger and pulling an air hostess' hair! We had to wait for the police to arrive when we landed before we got off the plane. This was about 11pm. Then, we had a transfer from the airport to our hotel in a little minibus, which to our suprise, also was to carry the drunk woman to her hotel. Unfortunately, Mr Cypriot minibus driver didn't believe us, and so didn't leave the airport until an hour later without her.
At 12.30am, we arrived at our apartments. We checked in, got our keys and headed up. It looked a nice enough place, until we went in. Long story short, electrical wires over the floor, bathroom full of dust and grime, unsafe cooking equipment, and last but not least a smoke alarm which intermittently bleeped every 10 seconds. You pay all that money and get all these extras for free! Hmm...not extras we would prefer to be honest. So after trying to fight the annoyance of the smoke alarm, we gave up, packed up and headed to reception to ask for a room move. They moved us to the one underneath, which was exactly the same but you could hear even more bleeps down the corridor! We just couldn't stand it, so at now 1am, we ventured to the hotel next door which was a large complex, as our reception had locked up and gone home! So no security either!
The manager at the new hotel gave us a lovely room with a view, so we went and took our cases, unfortunately had to pay for a whole other week, but at least we were happy. We checked out of the rubbish one the next day! This is what we could see from our window now. =)


Just a little poster that amused me...


The first day was sunny and overcast so I didn't think I needed any sun cream...I was incorrect.


It was pretty rainy for a couple of days then it brightened up towards the end of the week, so it was cocktails all round!


As it was easter when we went, they had these huge plastic bunnies and eggs all around the roads! Very different to the UK!


A Praying Mantis. I don't think I had seen one before, but someone had trodden on his leg =( poor thing, so I was trying to help him into some safer bushes. Good deed for the day!


Ed and his mammoth Pitta Kebab!


One of the nights out to eat. Liner is the usual Fluidline in blacktrack from MAC, and the lipstick is the MAC Chenman range in Force of Love, with matching Lipglass.


Finally, I gathered up the guts to Parasail while I was there! It was a great experience, really relaxing actually! Just gliding smoothly over the sea as you do! I was a bit hesitant and nervous at first, but my inner adrenaline junkie always gets the better of me, and I am really glad it does. Experiences like this make me feel glad I am alive!


Which gracefully brings me on to my next blog which shall be up very soon, about my Skydive!!!
Thanks for reading guys, sorry for the waffle!
Ciao for now XxXx




No comments:

Post a Comment