Tuesday 24 April 2012

A Beauty Secret? And Beauty UK 2012! ♥


Hi Guys, so as you know I have been back from Cyprus a few weeks now. I think I may have discovered something magical! It all started out when it was kinda cloudy in the usually oh-so-sunny land of Cyprus, thus meaning I never put on any sun cream... Little to my knowledge, the sun briefly shifting in and out burnt me to a total singe. Also throughout the last few days, all I wore was a factor 10 sun oil which actually cooked me. I was in so much pain and I was literally bright red like a lobster! I know, I am stupid but I actually didn't realise I was getting so burnt!

So, we had briefly been chatting to another nice family while we were over there, and they had certainly noticed my pain and redness! They explained to me that a member of their family spends a lot of time in America, and if he gets burnt there is a particular product he uses. They then introduced me to Hawaiian Tropics Aloe Vera after sun gel.


They kindly gave me a travel sized bottle of the stuff, and it was literally like liquid heaven! I had burnt all my face and neck, so it was the most soothing, cooling gel I could ever of asked for. It helped immensely and really toned down the peeling when I returned to the UK. When I did get home, I continued to use the gel but all over my face before I applied my make up. It has quite a sticky consistency and then it dries in about ten seconds. To touch when dry, the stickiness disappears, but somehow it clings to my foundation like a badboy! I have discovered it is an amazing primer! For me, I have been using it every day since I returned and I actually love it. I am dreading it running out because you can't actually get this product in the UK. 

I have had a look round and there is one in Tesco I have seen but I can't remember the name, but it was a yellow bottle and retailed at about £2.99 which was also an aloe vera gel. Also, in Superdrug there was a Malibu one for around £4.00. 


I might be sounding crazy right now, but I totally love this product as a primer. It is moisturising and soothing for the skin, and like a magnet for foundation! I might be mad, but give it a go - it might start a trend!

Last but certainly not least, is anyone going to beauty UK at the Birmingham NEC on Sunday 13th April? I am going to be there and I am soooo excited! I would love to know if anyone is going, and if you want to know more about it click here.

Ciao for now XxX


4 comments:

  1. Aloe is the best after a session in the sun! I basically stock pile that up in my bathroom cabinet come summertime! My best friend uses aloe as a primer but I never believed her... after hearing your second opinion, I may just have to! Lovely post! xo, Megs

    http://princesshippielove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo so it's not just me then! I thought I was a bit mad but at least someone else has seen that it works! Definitely try it out its great stuff! =D
      Tilly Xx

      Delete
  2. I am so going to use this as a primer! I am so curious.

    Following. Follow back if you like? :)

    http://decisi0nsdecisi0ns.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely worth a try! :) Thanks for the follow, have followed back :) x

      Delete