Thursday 19 April 2012

Vivo and MUA ♥

Hola Chiquitas! I have recently purchased a couple of items from the much loved brands Vivo and MUA, and thought I would share my thoughts with you! First up is Vivo, I first heard about this brand just over a month or so ago, and it is readily available in larger TESCO stores. It is extremely reasonably priced, and I now have quite a few items. To find my last blog post on Vivo click here

So now I have decided to jump on the BB Cream bandwagon, and give it a go. I usually wear a medium coverage foundation, but since I have been on holiday I have had a major freckle outburst, and I am peeling like mad so I haven't worn much foundation. I have been concealing the blemishes and then just going ahead with bronzer etc. So on the days now where I feel I need a little more, but I don't want to do my full on foundation routine, BB cream I feel is the way to go. I got it in the shade light, because although I have a freckly almost-tan, it fades pretty darn quick so I will be a few shades lighter. 
It has quite a thick consistency, and I used the real techniques buffing brush to buff it into my skin. I really could see the difference on the side of my face that I had covered. My skin does get red and blotchy when I have no make up on and the Beauty Balm really did seem to even it out, with still having all my freckles showing through. It was quick and easy to apply, and can also be applied with fingers like a cream, so it's handy to take around with you too. It lasted about 4 hours before it looked like I needed to re-apply, but I do rest my head on my hands for most of the day and touch my face a lot, so that is mostly my own doing. I would definitely recommend this to BB cream beginners, because for £4.00 it's a steal, and I was impressed! 

Secondly is the Shimmer and Shine Lip Gloss in frosted pink. OoO I love this product! I am looking forward to going back to Tesco to get all of them! It is a bargainous £1.50, and I just love it. The colour is a really lovely light pink with a shimmer to it, and reflects light perfectly, leaving your lips all shimmery and shiny. It lasted on my lips for a good couple of hours before re-applying and it isn't too sticky. It has the most AMAZING smell to it like watermelons nom nom nom! It also has a long doe-foot like applicator, so there's no missin' any part of that pout. It is now a staple in my make up bag for work, as it is shimmery, sheer and not too much!


Shimmer and shine lip gloss in Frosted Pink on my lips. Shine-tastic!


The Beauty Balm in shade light. The first swatch is as it comes out of the bottle, and the second is where I have blended it in, but not fully, so you can see it starts to merge into your skin.


Next is MUA. I am sure everybody will of heard of this brand but if you have been living under a rock and somehow haven't, here is the low down! It is a budget make up brand that lives in Superdrug, where all the basic products begin at £1.00. It is fantastic actually, and the majority of products I would re purchase over and over, because they are actually great quality. I decided to try their blushers most recently, so I got them in shade 1 - a baby pink with a light shimmer, and shade 4 - a peachy matte shade. I have tried out both on separate occasions and I don't have a bad word to say. This is a very positive review post day guys!
For one British pound, you get yourself a nice 2.4g of product, in nifty little packaging for your make up bag.  


They are both super pigmented, gorgeous colours which are buildable, so from a light dusting to a heavy colour block, it's up to you how you wear it. Here they both are swatched on my hand. I can't wait to go and get the rest of the collection! My opinions are 100% my own, and I can't give enough love for all the products mentioned in this post, especially because of the price!


I hope this was helpful for those of you that haven't had the pleasure of trying VIVO or MUA yet. If you have a spare couple of quid knocking around, I would go and treat yourself to a few products from these brands because you can really stack up your collection with great quality products! Enjoy, beauty heads!
Ciao for now XxX

2 comments: