Tuesday 24 April 2012

Mini Make Up Haul ♥

Bonjour mes amis! Over the weekend I had the pleasure of meeting up with my very lovely friend Sarah, and we had a little mooch around Birmingham. I was going in with pretty much empty pockets, but of course I just can't come out with nothing; why break the habit of a lifetime?
I got the train into Birmingham for the first time in ages! I usually hate hate hate public transport, but this time around I felt that it was actually much easier than battling through the Sunday traffic, losing my car in Selfridges as I do every single time, and it gives me a good walk either side of the journey. Win win situation.
SO, onto the bedlam of the every burning hole in my pocket!
This is what my hand looked like after we decided to venture into Selfridges at the end of our trip. I told myself not to go in there and risk buying anything, but I can't actually do it. Anyone else suffer with the same issue?


Ok, so first I headed into Boots, and after recently trying out Models Own nail polish in Tropical Sun, I was very impressed! So of course I went back, and they are currently on offer at Boots 2 for £8.00. I had seen on a few beauty bloggers/vloggers channels that Indian Ocean is one that is majorly sought after, and I can see why! Oh my life it is absolutely stunning! I found it and there were only about 2 bottles left on the shelf, so I snapped me one right up!!! It is a beautiful iridescent pale blue with an added pink tone running through it. It dries super quick in seconds, and here's what it looks like with two coats, and what I currently have on! 
(Used with Boots falsies)


I also got the Models Own nail polish in Aqua Violet, which is part of the Beetlejuice collection. I always go for colours like this because my favourite colour in the whole world is Turquoise, and my hair is this colour so it's great to match! Aqua violet is quite a deep teal colour, and is a duotone with purple running through it.  I haven't tried it out yet, but I can't wait to! Also as you can see there, is another duotone iridescent colour from Barry M called Silvery Purple. In the light you can see purples, greens, blues and silver flecks in the bottle. I have only done a little test coat on my natural nails and it is quite sheer, but I think after two coats it would be perfecto. It's another gorgeous colour from Barry M and for £2.99 it's another bargainous buy. 
I also got the magnetic varnish in the black shade from Barry M, but I need to have a proper fiddle about with it first!


I finally got my first Illamasqua product! And my gosh I am excited about it! Sarah and I spent a good old while rummaging through their collection, with plenty of 'Ooo's' and 'Aaah's'. I actually couldn't come out of there empty handed, I think it is my new lust brand. I always love bright and wacky make up and they fit my every need! I think I am going to find myself going there every week getting a new product. This is a pure pigment, which is priced at £15.50 which I don't think is too bad as I think this will be a product that lasts a hell of a long time. This shade is called Static, and is a glittery iridescent (can you feel a theme here?) pinky purple. It is amazing and looks just like fairy dust! It can be used on the eyes, cheeks or mixed with an existing product. I can't wait to have a go with it!


Then we headed into Primark because we had heard they were doing nail art pens, but unfortunately ours had ran out! However they are doing a few beauty products so I picked up one of their lipsticks. They aren't named or numbered but it is the spotty one in the picture below, and is priced at £1.00. It is a light muted pink, and actually isn't the best product in the world and smells a bit like playdough. It's quite drying, but over lip balm it's actually a nice colour on the lips. For a pound I guess I can't grumble, but I doubt I would re-purchase.
Next was MUA at Superdrug which you know I love, and for a pound each these lipsticks are no comparison to the Primark one. They are just great! So moisturising and glossy with such a great range of shades! The colours don't pick up too well on my Iphone camera but it gives you an idea. The second from the left is 'Shade 12' and is a shimmery pink (not coral like it looks here), the next is 'Shade 5' and is a shimmery very light pink (gorgeous for everyday wear!) and the last is a deep pink with bluey undertones, and is 'Shade 3'. All gorgeous and I don't ever have a bad word to say about MUA really!


Swatched from top to bottom: Shade 3, Shade 12, Shade 5 and the Primark muted pink.


So here we are in Birmingham Bullring after we got attacked by Illamasqua! It was a lovely day and nice to see Sarah and I look forward to catching up again soon!


Have you bought anything new recently? Anything I should try? I would love to know!
Ciao for now XxX

2 comments:

  1. your nails look amazing!

    Over on my blog I m having a give away, I would love for you to enter :o)

    http://lolainthelounge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/give-away.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh thank you very much! Am having a giveaway soon also! I will head over to your blog. Follow for a follow? xX

    ReplyDelete