Friday 27 April 2012

Founders Day 2012 and My Grandad ♥

Oh Hai! So this post is another none beauty related one - sorry guys, but I just wanted to share with you my Grandad! It will have some kind of beauty relevance towards the end haha....
So, if you read my rainbow questions blog you may have noticed I put on there that my Grandad is a Chelsea pensioner! This means that he now resides at the Royal Hospital Chelsea in London, as he served as a Sergeant Major in the Army. He is very well respected, and has an M.B.E from the Queen! He is also in the Chelsea Pensioner Singers group, called Men in Scarlett who bought their album out last year (little claim to fame there). He's been on the Royal Variety show, the Alan Titchmarsh show, Britains first photo album and many television programmes. It is kinda weird walking through ASDA and seeing your own Grandad on a CD on the shelf! It's great though and although I haven't known him for that long, I know him well enough now and I am extremely proud of him!

Here he is!


Here he is with the Men in Scarlett singers outside the Great Hall at the Royal hospital.


And here he is casually chilling with Katherine Jenkins! You know, as you do.


So, the point to this post? Well I have been given the amazing opportunity to go to Founders Day in June. This is a day of celebration for the birthday of Charles II, and a member of the Royal Family comes to review the pensioners and there's a parade and all sorts going on. I have never been before, but last year it was Prince Harry that went! I have got my fingers crossed that it will be Kate, because I would just love to see her and it is the jubilee year so you never know!
So, my dilemma is WHAT DO I WEAR?! The dress code is a bit like Ascot races. Gorgeous dresses, big hats and flouncy fascinators. I am thinking about going for a knee length peplum style dress, but I have no idea. The make up and hair is another one, because if I have a hat it will cover up the turquoise and my make up probably. Although it is extremely formal, I'm not covering up my turquoise because that's me!

So if anyone has any suggestions on what hair, make up or indeed clothes and shoes, don't hesitate to leave a comment and tell me what you think! I am very excited but getting the right dress for me can be pretty stressful and I have just over a month to sort it! Wish me luck!
Ciao for now Xx






No comments:

Post a Comment