Wednesday 18 April 2012

Cypriot make up! ♥


Hellooo! As you my know, I went to Cyprus last week, and whilst I was there I wanted to see if there were any cosmetics over there that you can't get in the UK. It's always nice to get something different, however if it is a really great product, it will have to be used sparingly or give me an excuse to go back! 
We found a large supermarket type place in Ayia Napa, which is where I found the cosmetics that I am going to talk about here. They were all unbelievably reasonably priced, and actually great quality products. I can't quite believe the bargains.

To begin, this little beauty was a set of 6 Nail Polishes, for a whole three euros. About £2.30. I know, absolute bargain right? As you would think, my initial thoughts were; 'well they are gonna be a 3 coat disaster', but for the money I thought I would give them a go anyway! The brand name is 'Caerphilly Professional Nail Lacquer', and you also get a whopping 20ml of Polish in these beauties, whereas Barry M for example are half that. I love the packaging, big chunky bottles with a metallic pink lid, and there are some great colours. Here I have a flouro pink, shimmer red, shimmer navy/black, clear topcoat, glitter pink and a glossy white. They were three euros collectively by the way, not each.


Here is an example of the glittery pink nail varnish, and this is a one coat wonder! Hoorahh! It also dries super quick! I really had an absolute bargain with these and wish I had bought more to pass on, or to do as a giveaway. Next time I go I am sure to do so! I did try to find the products online or on Ebay but I can't seem to find them, so if anyone has come across these before, leave a comment! I love getting your comments and will always get back to you.


This was another nail polish I got in a pharmacy in Protaras. This was more expensive than all those nail varnishes above put together! However, I did find this first and it was a brand I hadn't heard of so I thought I would give it a go. For five euros (around £4.15), this is a glitter and polkadot topcoat. It is by S.H.C and is really pretty. I am yet to try it as a polkadot topcoat, to try and get all the black dots out of it is going to be a fun task, but as a glitter topcoat I wouldn't say it is anything special, but nice enough!

 

These are a set of lippies I found in the same supermarket as the above nail polish. Found in Cyprus but made in china, as per. So, this was a pack of 12 lipsticks, all reds, pinks and brown shades and this also cost 3 euros for all 12! Again, I thought they are going to have little, if no pigmentation and will need reapplying constantly. I was wrong yet again! The swatch (which is pink not orange) should tell you all you need to know. This brand is called 'Fate of Flower' and is enriched with vitamin E. Nice!


And now for the ultimate bargain. I am loving different eyeshadow palettes at the minute, and always am looking to add to my ever-growing collection. Also in the Ayia Napa supermarkets, I found these eyeshadow palettes. There were three palettes to choose from, so I got all three. I wish I had got more now! These were a shocking 2.60 euros! They are some of the most pigmented shimmer eyeshadows I have seen, and you get quite a lot of product in each section! The name is 'Oumeidie', and I actually felt like I should have paid more as it was such a steal. The colours are beautiful and you can get other sets from this company on Ebay, I had a look for you guys! They are all around the £4.00 mark on there. I am going to do a few make up looks with these soon, just to prove the unbelievable pigmentation for the dosh! This was the bold and brights palette.


Here is the more neutral, natural and highlight palette.


And here is a pastel and khaki palette. They also come with Mahoosive mirrors, and a little applicator.


This was one light stroke in the palette with my finger, and swatched on my hand and that is how bold they are. I would definitely recommend this brand and would certainly re-purchase. So if any of you are heading out to Cyprus, I wouldn't bother looking in the Pharmacies, have a hunt around the supermarkets! There are bargains to be had!


Ciao for now! XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment