Tuesday 6 March 2012

Recent Make up ♥

Hello lovlies. Today is a little bit of a haul post I guess. I have gone a bit mad over the last week or so on getting some cheapalicious bargains, and then having a naughty treat or two! As you know, I am not one for splurging a lot of money on one product because I was a born bargain hunter, but I have finally purchased a couple of higher end products because well...I have given in.

Ed and I went into Birmingham on Sunday, for a bit of retail therapy. Well, me dragging him round really. It was nice though because we haven't done anything like that in a long time. When you have a business like he does, it really does become your life and quality time away from it doesn't come up very often. I am very proud of him and everything he does, but sometimes you just need an hour or two together in a different scenery. So anyway, we headed to the Bullring, and I dragged him to Selfridges, somewhere I very rarely go considering it is on our doorstep.

Sorry about the picture quality it was taken at night, but at least you can make out what there is. So I have my first EVER MAC products! I am so excited! Ed was very kind enough to treat me to them, because I think he knows how much it means to me (cheesy as it sounds). I am so grateful to have them, and hopefully it is the start of my collection. So I thought I would buy a couple of staple items, the queue for a foundation test was 20 minutes long so you can see why I haven't began with that. I got the lipstick in 'Hue', that many 'Youtubers' and beauty bloggers say is a great all round nude lipstick to have. I have to agree, it is a lovely creamy formula and a nice neutral colour that will go with any make up look. Then I got the Fluidline gel liner in Blacktrack, which is another staple for me as I wear gel liner most days. I did want the 263 brush to go with it but they were sold out. The next items were part of their new collection which is Chenman Love and Water, which is an oriental inspired collection. The lipstick and Lipglass shades are called Force of Love, and they are a bright coral-pink. I absolutely love the colour and couldn't just walk past it! As for foundation, I went over to NARS and managed to get a consultation immediately. The lady on the counter was so helpful and friendly, whereas the MAC staff seemed pretty narky and stressed out, but they are really busy I guess.
This is the Sheer Glow foundation and it looks awfully yellow in this picture! I actually don't have the skin of a simpson, but I do have dodgy lighting! So this is in the shade Deauville light 4, and is the perfect match. I am saving it for the weekends though, don't want to waste it for work!


We then went to Superdrug, where I was really after the MUA love hearts collection but they didn't have it?! It's one of the largest Superdrug stores I have been in, and they hadn't got the Love hearts stuff in. I was a bit gutted, but maybe they are having it in later...So anyway, I got some dry shampoo because I had ran out, and I have used this brunette coloured one now, but it did still make my hair grey! I'm not fussed about it because I give it a good rub in, but I know a lot of people hate that so it might not be for you. I thought I would try out one of their new brushes too, this was £5.99 and is the 'slanted eye liner brush'. As I was let down with the MAC 263, I thought for the price I'll give it a bash. Then I got the Poptastic Palette from MUA as it had been reduced to £3.00 and I could do with some brighter shadows! Then I got two of the bronzers which were a pound each, and one is shimmery and the other matte. The Matte shade is very similar to the Laguna bronzer the NARS make up artist put on my face, but about £25.00 cheaper...Bargain!


So enough rambling, I thought I would just share a vile picture of myself with you just to demonstrate what the new Number 17 miracle matte foundation did to my face throughout the day! Blotchy Blotchville. I can't even see that I have any foundation on and this is about 8 hours after I first applied it, which I know is pretty hardcore but I would like to think it would look as if I had even the tiniest of layers on. I am not a big fan of the freckles I was unfortunately blessed with so I like to at least cover those. This foundation isn't really great for me. I do have combination skin, so I thought it would be OK as my T-zone gets incredibly oily through the day, but it kind of just clung to the little hairs on my face rather than sinking in to my skin - Cakey! I personally would not re-purchase this, but I have seen some people that very much like it, so if you have super oily skin, it may be one for you. 


Ciao for now! XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment