Tuesday 28 August 2012

A Creative Weekend ♥

Oh Hey! How be you? Everyone have a good bank holiday weekend? Apologies for the departure again, I've got a lot cracking on at the moment, such as I'm about to go on holiday, moving house, weight watchers and just got a new bunny! So sorry for that. I have got plenty of things to review and chinwag about before holiday! So, lets crack on.

This weekend was the last date to enter a competition I heard about, which was a Make Up one! I didn't really think I'd got a chance which is why I've left it so late, but I suppose you have to be in it to win it. I've got nothing to lose. So I thought I'd take a shot at it. I had to do a make up look under 'Beauty' and one under 'Fantasy'. Whenever I do anything like this, I borrow Ed's sisters face because she is perfect for it!

This was just a small section of the havoc created at the in laws to get the make up right!


So the first look I named 'Au Naturale'. I wanted to go for a simple look that accentuated Maria's natural beauty, and add a beauty spot for a bit of depth to the look. I just popped her hair in a bun to get that polished natural look, and this way, all the hair was out of her face. This is the natural look.


The next look was a 'Fantasy' one. I wanted to do something along the lines of Cleopatra meets alien - as weird as it is, I had the image in my head using turquoise and gold colours, and really hoped it came out right. I feel like it did turn out ok and I was pleased with the result, not for the competition but just for Maria and I as we got some nice pictures out of it anyway. It took a couple of hours but it was really enjoyable.
This look is named 'Unable To Identify', a take on UFO!


 So there we have it. If I could do that as a job everyday I'd be in my element! It isn't very often I get to do other people's make up, so it was good practice anyway!
Ciao for now XxX


No comments:

Post a Comment