Wednesday 18 July 2012

Label Love and Cheap as Chips ♥


Bonjour mes amis. Today is a beauty post, Yaaay! I thought I would just give you an idea of two products that I am loving at the moment, one a higher end buy, and the other a cheap as chips buy. Apologies for the rubbish pictures again, I don't have time to carry around my big SLR and do fandangled pics, I wish I did! 

So the first product is the Clinique Chubby Stick! These are floating around blogs like nobody's business, and so here it arrives on mine. I got my first one for my birthday Monday, and is actually the first product from Clinique I have ever purchased. Their brand is never somewhere I gravitate towards, but since these Chubby Sticks have come around, I want them all. 


For my first one, it was a toss between Watermelon or Curvy Candy, but I went for the Curvy Candy because it was more pink toned than the others. It is a lovely 'rosey' pink, and definitely my favourite after swatching nearly the entire collection at the counter.


It has a twisty-uppy bottom so no need to sharpen too, nice and easy.


I love it. I love the colour pay off, sheer but definitely noticeable and what a great pink it is! It is 100% fragrance free and allergy tested, but I do get a teeny tiny scent of wax crayons, and it took me right back to being at primary school. That is only when applying it though, once it's on the lips you can't sniff a thing.

It is so moisturising, not sticky in the slightest, and my lips feel really soft with it on. I've also found it does last a good while, couple of hours really, which is great for a lip balm. The Chubby Sticks retail at £16.00 and are available at any Clinique counter - who, might I say that the ladies are very friendly at, in Derby anyway!


For my cheap as chips product that I am loving at the moment, I am picking the Primark Very Fluttering Lashes. I love these babies! They are only one whole pound, and come in a few different varieties. These pictured, are by far my favourite. I use my own eyelash glue because I know I can trust it, so I don't know how the glue that comes with them shapes up. The lashes themselves are lovely though, quite feathery but full, and I like to add a lot of volume with false lashes, but look like natural strands rather than the blocked 'spikey' type. 

Have a little peak in good old Primarni if you haven't had these before, they are worth a try. If you don't want to use the glue that comes with them, try Duo Eyelash adhesive available at MAC stores or counters. 


So there we go. Just a couple of different recommendations either end of the beauty scale.
Ciao for now XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment