Wednesday 29 February 2012

3 Random Products Review ♥

Hi guys, so as I have been saying, I am finally going to get onto a beauty review. I am just going to do it on three random products I bought recently. As you may have gathered by now, I am always best described as a bargain hunter, so if you are looking for products on a budget, hopefully I can help! It is very rare I spend a lot on one product at a time, because in life there are other things we unfortunately have to pay for. However, who says you can't treat yourself, and feel like you have a little bit of glam on your side? 
I did begin with taking my own pictures, but they were very rushed this morning so I have decided to just grab them offline, so you can actually see what I am waffling on about! All images from Google Images.


Firstly, this is the 'Intimately Beckham' perfume by Victoria Beckham, and is the ladies fragrance. I know it has been out for ages now, but it is fairly priced so maybe if you see it you may want to know what it is like before you get it. I got mine for around £15.00, and I purchased it because I had ran out of the perfumes I had for Christmas so this was just to tide me over, until I can stomach buying a higher end perfume, or until my birthday. Better to have some sort of pleasant smell on you than none at all! In the UK this is available in most Superdrug, Boots or other fragrance stores/counters, but it is also readily available in supermarkets such as ASDA, I'm not too sure about overseas. 
The bottle is fairly bulky with it being square, but I quite like that. I take a normal sized handbag with me if I go out and it fits in my bag fine. If not, you can always transfer it to an atomizer. Onto the scent. It is quite a 'heavy' perfume, not all light and 'floraly'. It is not something I would usually go for, however it stays put for a few hours so I like to wear it mostly if I go out, so it can be topped up throughout the night, and will hold it's scent. The perfume shop describe it as a bouquet of white flowers, with bergamot and rose petals. Being a person with a normal sense of smell, I couldn't even tell you what bergamot is...So, all in all, if you like a heavy scent, and don't want to pay too much, this is for you! I don't think I personally would re-purchase, as I like very sweet or lighter smells, BUT the Beckham signature is amazing! I was originally looking for that but Superdrug didn't have it. It is honestly really lovely, but a little more pricey than this one.


Next up, very random I know but you will see why! These are ASDA's own lipbalms. You get a pack of two  for only £1, and I couldn't actually tell you how hydrating they are for your lips...because I use them on my eyes. Weird you say? Maybe, but they sure do hold your eyeshadow! Yep, they make a great primer. My advice would be to rub your finger over the top and then onto your eyelid, as putting the stick straight onto it may cause too much product to transfer, thus creating creases. Also, you will end up with foundation all over the stick, and it will turn a nice shade of orange. Nice. So anyway, I don't know how I really discovered this but they are great for bringing out the pigment in your eyeshadows, and holding your colours until you take them off! If you have been looking for a primer, or feel they are too expensive, give this a go and I'm sure you won't be too disappointed! Nothing to lose but a quid.


And finally, the Dream nude airfoam from Maybelline. I briefly mentioned this when I bought it in a previous blog. I think when I got it it was around £7.00, and I have it in the shade 020 Cameo. I was extremely sceptical when I first got this, but now I love it and would definitely re-purchase it. Make sure you shake it up before every use, or you will get white patches in the foundation. Spray a large walnut sized blob onto the back of your hand and work quickly. Use a foundation brush or buffing brush to apply. I personally recommend the Real Techniques buffing brush for this, it takes a very short time to apply, and covers beautifully. You have to work quickly though, because as soon as you put the brush in the blob, you have began to burst bubbles and the blob 'deflates' and starts to dry on your hand. You may need another spray. It is a light coverage on the skin, and does leave a very dewy feel until it dries, then it becomes on the way to being matte. It certainly evens out my skin tone and leaves my skin looking flawless, for what feels to be a very watery consistency. 
Tips: When you first open it, be careful where you first spray it as it might go everywhere, and don't forget to give it a good shake, and work quickly as it dries super quick. Otherwise, great foundation for those who like a light coverage!

So I hope these little reviews help, should be doing some more structured ones soon.
Thanks for reading and have a good day!
Ciao for now XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment