Tuesday 14 February 2012

Happy valentines day ♥

Hello guys, blimey it has been ages since I have posted. Sorry to those who read, I have just been super busy! One of our friends has just had a baby, so here I am with baby Jak! We are Aunty Tilly and Uncle Ed. Jak is so cute I absolutely adore him! He has the softest skin ever and when Ed held him he opened his little eyes!


Scrunchy up face for Aunty Tilly hehehe :)


Open eyes for Uncle Ed :) xxx
So it's valentines day today! I have been looking forward to it for ages as we are going to a restaurant that we have been to once before that we really liked. It's pretty swanky, and I'm feeling a little like whatever I wear I will be underdressed, but you know what, I just want us to enjoy ourselves so it isn't the biggest deal what I look like I suppose! The restaurant is called Simpsons in Edgbaston, Birmingham. If you want to check out their website click HERE . We are having a ten course taster menu! I am so excited! Posh Nosh! =D
This is what Ed drew in my card <3 aww so cute. We got engaged up the Eiffel tower - if I haven't already mentioned it a million times - so he drew one for me! I got him a card with an Eiffel on the front, but me being an idiot didn't pick an envelope up with it! Nevermind, it's the words that count, can't help being a bit useless!


I have done my nails ready for tonight, here is the finished result!


This is the kit I used to create them. Boot's 200 nails kit and Primark Beauty nail varnish - believe it or not! The Boots nail kit is a definite essential. Rather than paying £25 - £30 a pop to have your nails professionally done with acrylics or gels, for £8.50 these are just as good. They last as long as you are careful with them, and the glue for them is great. I have done two sets out of them so far and both have been a success! I also prefer these because you can change the colours (don't forget to use an acetone free nail varnish remover so the nails don't dissolve!) and they don't damage your real nail underneath. 

I begin by selecting the correct sizes, and  laying them out to make it easier for application. I then file the tips, and all the top surfaces of my own nails, to give a rougher surface so the nail applies with a little more security.  Begin by applying a small amount of nail glue, and spread it around with the tip of the bottle to cover all the surface of the nail. Take the false nail, and starting with the round tipped bottom of it, push onto natural nail, laying flat from the base upwards. To set, hold down the nail very tightly with finger and thumb to compress any air bubbles. Continue for all nails, and let them dry.
Take the nail varnish of your choice. As I said, I have used Primark Beauty's new range of nail paints, which are actually brilliant for £2 for a pack of 4. I think they have 4 sets at the moment, which I have all of them because they are too much of a bargain to miss out on. So, these are the metallic colours. I used the shimmery gold (second from right), and the gold holographic top coat (far left). I used two coats of the gold, although you could probably get away with only one! They dry nice and quickly too, so not much waiting around. The holographic polish spreads the glitter quite well, and I have only used 1 coat, but you can add more if you wish. I haven't put a topcoat over that, because I wanted the textured effect. And there you go! Cheap, but greatly effective nails for valentines!

Thought I would just put on the roses I got sent to work! They are totally gorgeous and covered in glitter! He's an old smoothie hehehe <3


So I hope everyone has a great rest of valentines day, and if it's not your thing, get some choccy down your neck! Have a good'un!
Ciao for now! xXx

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god baby Jak is so adorable and beautiful!! The cutest baby ever ohhhh!
    Congrats, it's a gorgeous baby! You, uncle and auntie, must be so proud!
    Beijinhos**

    ReplyDelete