Wednesday 20 June 2012

BeDazzled: A Deep Peacock Smokey Eye Tutorial ♥


Oh Hai! Today I'm finally going to do my first make up tutorial kind of post. I have wanted to do one for ages but I never seem to have the time! However, Ed and I went out for a meal on a whim last night, so I only had about 15-20 minutes to get ready, which shows how quickly this look can be done. At the time, because I am a donut, I didn't realise I was going to turn it into a tutorial so I haven't taken step by step photos fail, but, there are only three main colours too it and it isn't too difficult so I Shall explain step by step.
Here is a piccy wiccy of the finished look.


It was inspired by a teal and purple top I wore that night, so I continued the look right up to my eyeballs, 'cuz that's how I roll. So to begin, aside from your usual foundation routine and blush/bronzer/setting routine, I'm only really 'tutorialing' (what a great word I have just made up, somebody call Oxford) the eye look here. Firstly you will need the MUA Palette in Undressed, using the shade 12 (see red arrow). This is a gorgeous grey shimmery colour, with a very slight blue undertone, a great starter for our smokey look!


You will also need the Poptastic Palette by MUA, using shade 1 and shade 7, which will give our Deep Peacock look it's pop of colour.


Other friends we will need in this tutorial are:
Any Eye Primer (I use a plain cheap lipbalm, it's amazeballs!), Nyx chubby eyestick in Cottage Cheese, MAC fluidline in Blacktrack, a couple of shadow/blending brushes (these are rubbishy old ones, but still do the trick), black kohl eyeliner - mine is by Peggy Sage but MUA do a great black for £1.00 which is in waiting for when I have finished this one, No7 Exceptional Definition Mascara, Maybelline Falsies Mascara, Fine Liner Brush, Urban Decay flat shader brush from Naked 1 palette. 
Obviously all the products here are optional, and can be adapted to something you have got at home!


Let's get to it!
Step 1: Prime the lids with your choice of primer, this will make the colour last and pop.

Step 2: Take a shadow brush, and shade 12 from the Undressed palette, and pack it all over the lids. (Don't worry about being too neat here).

Step 3: Take a clean blending shadow brush, and blend out the edges, so there are no harsh lines. Blend it up to just past the crease of your eye, but don't wing this grey shade out to the side very much.

Step 4: Take the turquoise shade 7 from the Poptastic palette, but don't load the brush heavily as this will put too much onto the eye. The key to this look is graduate and blend blend BLEND! Put this colour on the outer corner and above the crease. Keep dipping the brush in the palette and blending it out until there is a bold colour, but a soft gradient outwards. You can also wing this out towards the last point of your brow.

Step 5: Take the purple shade 1 from the Poptastic Palette, and take that over the grey beginning at the inner corner, towards the middle of the eyelid - but leaving a little of the grey colour still showing in the middle. Take a clean blending brush, and continuously blend until you are happy that it's smokiiinnnn'! With the flat shader brush, bring a little of the grey under the eye, the purple on the lower inner corner and the green on the outer, and blend out. This really makes a difference to a smokey eye.

Step 6: For added definition add a light shimmer highlight colour to beneath the brow bone, this also gives the edges of the gradient something to blend into to complete the look. I used a random off white shimmer colour from a palette I had in Cyprus, but any will do! Also, take the Nyx Jumbo stick in Cottage cheese, and pop some in the Inner Corners. Light will hit this and give the illusion of widened eyes.

Step 7: Take some gel liner, or whatever you are comfortable with using, and line close to the lashes with a fine brush. I haven't winged mine out, as it may be too much, but if you want to go on all out there, feel free! Bring what's left on the brush close to the lower lashes for subtle definition. Take a kohl pencil, and line the waterline.

Step 8: Use your favourite mascara to create volume and flare to the lashes. I use the No7 Definition mascara to give me the look of more lashes with no clumps, and then Maybelline Falsies Flared to add length and volume. You can also add false lashes here, I just didn't have time!

Step 9: Finish the rest of your usual make up, adding a subtle lipgloss or nude lipstick. I used MUA love hearts lip balm in 'Sugar Lip's', as with such a heavy eye you don't want a garish colour to clash with it. The lip balm just give's a nice gloss, and a nice finish to the look.

And you are done! A lot of reading I know, but at least it's always here if you fancy having a go. Let me know what you think of the look! What are your favourite eye looks at the moment? Do you love the MUA palettes? I do!
Here are a couple of pictures of the finished look!



 I'm not as moody as I look here, honest! Haha!

Ciao For now! xXx









No comments:

Post a Comment