Wednesday 13 June 2012

Radley Sale, Illamasqua and MAC ♥

Ahoy There! I hope everyone is good, and not too down about our weather here in the UK. It really is dismal, and as an S.A.D sufferer in the winter months, it's not the best for all year round! But still, the wonderful world of retail therapy is there to pull us all through. Ed and I popped into Birmingham last Saturday, just for something to do. It appears it's becoming a bit of a habit now to go into town as soon as the weekend comes, but I think I need to stop before I go into financial meltdown. I guess we only live once.

I was in the need for a new handbag, as mine is falling to pieces. I looked in Primark and did find a really nice cream one, but as Ed said, they never last and you might spend £12.00 now which is cheap, but it means you will be buying another one next month because it has fell to bits. Point taken. It is extremely rare that I splash out on any clothing, bag or shoe item, because I am partly a bargain hunter and partly a cheapskate, and not afraid to tell the world. But, sometimes it does pay, to pay the price. There is that quote "buy it cheap, buy it twice", and in a lot of items that is pretty true.

So we spontaneously ventured into the Radley shop, which is one of my all time favourite bag brands. I do have a rucksack and handbag from Radley that were gifts, and they have lasted very well. I prefer Radley to most other brands because although it may be targeted at the more mature lady, you are getting great quality and whenever I see that little doggy on anyone's handbag I get well jel!


As soon as we walked in I saw this amazing tan satchel bag, with a material bottom which had a tulip design on. I loved it instantly, until one of the members of staff came and told me they had it in two designs. The other was like a travel design, so she bought it out for me. I loved it, I loved both, but could I really spend £149.00 on a bag? No, I couldn't, because it had been reduced in the sale to £74.00! I was elated, and after much deliberation on the design I finally chose the travel design because I do like to travel. It is still an expensive buy for me, but I am so pleased with it and shall look after it well. If you like Radley bags, it is definitely the time to go and check them out, as most items are currently 50% off. Bargainous. They even gave us free rose and vanilla tea leaves.


Finally, a little sneaky pop into Selfridges. I have ran out of my NARS Sheer Glow *Cries*, so it was time to try a new foundation. I do really love the Sheer Glow, but I just want to try a few before I settle on the one I really like. The MAC counter often doesn't have time for me foundation wise so that was out of the question for now, so over to Illamasqua I went. I got matched to the shade 3.5, which I told the MUA that I thought it was just a tadge dark. She was horrified that I was actually doubting her expertise, so being the weakling that I am, I agreed in the end and bought it anyway. 

Applying it myself, I still think it is too dark, and the Sheer Glow was a very yellow undertoned foundation, whereas the Illamasqua Skin Base has pink undertones, and I don't think it really does me any favours. I shall be doing a Thursday Thoughties post on this tomorrow.

Then I just quickly went to MAC as I am into collecting a new lipstick each time I go, so Saint Germain it was. Maybe I am a bit late on the bandwagon, but it is such a lovely Barbie pink, and I can't wait to wear it out.


So little random post for you there on a couple of recent purchases. See you tomorrow for Thursday Thoughties.
Ciao for now XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment