Friday 15 June 2012

Mini Online MUA haul ♥


Hellooo lovers. I did my first order from the MUA website, and thought I would share with you my little experience. I am an avid lover of MUA cosmetics and I have too much a LOT of their range. However, the Birmingham Superdrug is always either sold out, messy, or never have the product that I want in store, so I have given up going on that front. I had seen the new 'Undressed' palette was out too, as well as the lip booms that I didn't have any of, so I thought to myself - without further ado, I shall order from the world wide web. Order HERE.

I am terrible for being an online web window shopper. I don't know what it is, I look at the price and sit and think about it more if it's on the screen in front of me. Also, it drives me crazy that I have to pay for shipping, BUT if I went into Birmingham I know it would cost me that in petrol or a train ticket anyway, so I have to get over that. They can't be just sendin' stuff out for free now can they!

I ordered by about 1pm on whichever day I did it on this week...my memory fails me, and it came the next day! That is a jolly good old service if I do say so! There's nothing better than getting a package off the postie, even though you know what's in it. True, right?
So here is what I ordered:
*NEW eyeshadow palette in 'Undressed' - £4.00
*Love Hearts Lip Balm in 'Sugar Lips' - £2.00
*Nail Polish in 'Shade 13' - £1.00
*Lipstick in 'Shade 15 Juicy' - £1.00
*Intense Colour Eyeliner Pencil in 'Jet Black' - £1.00
*Single Matte Eyeshadow (my brow colour) in 'Shade 19' - £1.00 
*Pressed Powder in 'Shade 1' - £1.00 (my favourite bargain!)
*Lip Boom in 'O.M.G' (orange/coral shade)
*Lip Boom in 'Cheeky' (baby pink shade) - Currently two for £4.00


Sorry about the picture quality again, I just take quick snaps on my Iphone so I can be Speedy Gonzales in my blogging. Or I'm just too lazy to pick up my Canon.
So here is the Undressed palette. I like the name, I like the shades, I like the pigmentation, I like the price, I like the compact packaging...Someone who created this will be getting a bigger head by the second if I continue! But whoever did, deserves the recognition. For the price, it is really great, and I can't wait to give it a good whirl over the weekend - which I plan to post some Face Of The Day blogs I hope. 


There are three matte shades and the rest are shimmers, here is a quick swatch of Shade 2, Shade 9, Shade 10 and Shade 11 if you can even see it because the pic is very blue - apologies! This is just one little swipe, so you can see they have good pigmentation, with the ability to create a multitude of looks. Four quid well spent.


Here is the Love Hearts lip balm. I really wanted something out of the Love Hearts range because the packaging is so cute! They do have nail polishes too, but I figured I have too many, so lip balm it was! This is Sugar Lips, and it is a bright pink lip balm that smells AMAZEBALLS. It's so vanillery! Nice and big pot for a lip balm too, and will definitely be making a more permanent home in my handbag.


Here is a light swatch of it, a nice and sheer pink lip balm.


Onto lip booms! I have actually ordered another one with my Mom, but the two I got were O.M.G and Cheeky. The sticky marks are just where I have taken the packaging tape off, I have got them off now! So O.M.G is a gorgeous orange, coral colour and yet another product with an amazing vanilla smell. I literally can be at my desk with the lipgloss wand up my nose, eww I just love the smell. 
Cheeky is a barbie-pink colour. The lipsticks are a little waxy when you first try them out of the packaging, but after a few strokes on the lip, you are good to go with great pigmentation and coverage.


Swatch of O.M.G, glossed over on the left, withouht gloss on the right. 


Swatch of Cheeky (just to confuse you) without gloss on left, with gloss on right.
The ethos behind the Lip Boom is that it is a four in one product. Matte lipstick, lipgloss, lipgloss over the lipstick, and lipgloss as a highlight in the centre of the lips. Well I think it works a treat, and think I shall have the full collection soon enough I hope! Have you got any Lip Booms or other colours you think I should try??


Right I've waffled enough now, but I am always pleased when I have a new MUA product, they never cease to amaze.
Ciao for now XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment