Friday 1 June 2012

Nails for the weekend ♥


Bonjour Mes Amis! It's Fridayyyy! Wahooo! The Jubilee is fast approaching, and I must admit I am feeling rather patriotic with all the Union Jacks everywhere. Despite the current status of our country, we are lucky to be able to celebrate something like this to bring everyone together. Anyway, my nails today couldn't be any less patriotic, but they will be changed in time for the Jubilee party I am going to!

I fancied a change, and something funky for the weekend so I decided to go for a blue leopard print.
The products I used were:
Primark's own brand sky blue colour - available in a pack of four pastel shades.
China Glaze Liquid Crystal.
Models Own Black Nail art pen.
I've never done any nail art before, only regular painting so I thought I'd give it a go!


I used two coats of the blue Primark polish which is quick drying, but does start to gloop up in the bottle with the lid off for a bit, so be wary of that if you have it. Then I used the pen tip of the nail art pen to create the 'leopard' black lines. Make sure these are dry before continuing. I then got an eyeliner brush and dipped it in the Liquid Crystal polish to fill in the gaps, when this was dry I just went over the glitter that had gone over the black lines with the nail art pen. Finish with your favourite clear top coat, or leave bare for textured glitter.
Please excuse bitten fingers! Terrible habit!


I'm quite pleased at how this looks for my first attempt! Will have to get practising to perfect this and do some different designs. What's your manicure for the weekend or Jubilee?
Have a great one! Ciao for now XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment