Tuesday 3 January 2012

Everyday Make Up ♥

I haven't blogged for a few days because I have been spending a lot of time on our new Wii. I am trying to be healthy and do some Wii Fit, walking and eating much healthier and less. Two days gone so far which is nothing but usually if I can do one day, it can lead to one week and so on. I really need to do this! I am skydiving in April and I don't want to plummet to the ground leaving an indent of my frame in the grass. I really don't want to get any bigger so I'm hoping my determination will pay off, and the willpower will stay with me. I am enjoying the Wii Fit plus, there are some good games on there that really do get you to work up a sweat. I hope I can keep it up when I go back to work too, because I'm off for almost 2 weeks at the moment so I have the motivation. My hours are so all over the place that it's hard to keep a steady eating pattern, but I have to put in the effort. So that's my New Years resolution! Moving on...


These were the earrings that Ed got me for our anniversary. They are really pretty. Apologies for the photo's, I don't know what's going on with my SLR at the moment, I just think its old now and the lenses have dust actually inside them. Not so good. However, I took the macro of the individual earring using the trusty double lens technique! I had my nifty 50ml on the body (Canon 400d), and just held the kit lens with the aperture wide open, backwards against it. Turn off the auto-focus and find your object. It does take a while because with the lenses back to front, everything does become dark. Ed shone the bright light from his phone onto the earrings and I snapped it. It is a shaky way of doing macro, but saves investing in a lens if you don't do much macro shooting.


So I've been wanting to start the beauty blogs for ages, so here to start is my everyday make up. Above, is the picture of everything I use. I LOVE make up like you wouldn't believe. I have a ridiculous amount in one of those big boxes with the pull-out trays in as well as loads of other make up boxes and bags. I'm a huge fan of Barry M, as previously mentioned so I shall go through a lot of that stuff in another blog. So, my everyday make up! This isn't really all of it, because I am skint at the moment, I haven't re-bought a concealer or pencil eyeliner and a few other bits, but at least you will have an idea. I begin with the Loreal True Match foundation, which is around £10. I have tried many liquid foundations because I am really freckly and I want to cover them up, but this one's for keeps! I use it in shade N2 Vanilla, and use a foundation brush with upward sweeps for a flawless cover. I then use bare minerals powder, which I got in the starter kit with various other powders and 3 brushes. If you are thinking of getting it, the powders are good, but the big brush was rubbish for me, the bristles just fell out all over my face and wasn't a pleasant experience! So I use the mineral foundation in 'Fairly Light'. If you want to keep fairly pale skin too it is SPF 15. I use the medium brush to sweep it over my face keeping it even. Over that, I use the bare minerals warmth powder. This is really great stuff, I sweep it on my cheekbones and up to my forehead. It gives a great contour and bronzing effect without any shimmer.

I'm not one for spending too much money on an individual items. I love make up artistry but I've never used a MAC product in my life. I strongly believe that if you get the right products that suit you, it's all down to the application. One of my PET hates is when I see a foundation line on a jawline, it drives me mad, it doesn't take a minute to blend ladies, BLEND! Rant over...
Time for blusher, so I think a great shimmer base blusher is the George at Asda 'Shimmer Me' striped powder in 'Cherub'. I also like W7 silky blush in 'Diamond Pink'. W7 products are cheap as chips and the odd thing is really good. If you are anywhere near Derby, there is a great shop in Westfield shopping centre called Dazzle and it is a haven for cosmetic junkies. GO!
I also have the Barry M blusher in Blusher 3, which is a hot pink. I just put a small amount on the upper cheeks. If I want a change of colour and fancy the more coral route, I got for the Bourjois blusher in '74 Rose Ambre' which has the Eiffel Tower on! <3 Couldn't get any better. Only bad thing I'd say is you have to press quite hard on the powder to get in on your brush, and the brush in the compact isn't great, but it's a great colour. For eyes, I use the new-ish Loreal Lash Architect 4D mascara. It is great and is an instant extension to your natural lashes. I have had it for about 6 months and unfortunately it is drying up now, so time to buy another on payday. I would recommend it to anyone, and trust me I have a lot of mascaras. So finally the last product on the photo which is a MIRACLE is the maybelline lasting drama gel eyeliner in black. I have always used liquid eyeliner and gel eyeliner but they've either become cracked quickly or transferred onto the upper part of my eyelid. Not this one! It comes with a brush which is perfect for the consistency of the liner, and easy to use, although a steady hand does help. It also dries instantly so no transfer or cracking. It was on promotions everywhere at about £6, it is probably a little more now, but for the money it's a total bargain - seriously.


These are my make up brushes I tend to use on a daily basis. I did have a nice set that I got from the Holistic health and beauty show at the NEC 2 years ago, but they have well and truly become over used so I got this kit from W7. It was a measly £7 from the Dazzle shop in Derby again, but it doesn't come with a foundation brush so I bought that separately for about £1.50. They are a great set of brushes for the money, and do the job perfectly. Towards the right of the photo, there is an eyelash glue tube. This was bout £2 also from Dazzle, and is the best eyelash glue I have used. It dries clear, doesn't hurt when you pull off your lashes, and means you can buy any cheap lashes that come with crappy glue, and this will sort you out. It's got a really thin brush too making it easy to apply the glue to the lash. There is also a Barry M lipgloss in Bubblegum pink that I use very often, over the body shop lipstick shown in the picture above. I like to have a vibrant pout!
So, I think that I have written far to much, if I could vlog it I would but I'm too shy!
Good night, & Ciao for now! x
  

No comments:

Post a Comment