Tuesday 17 January 2012

Mini Haul & Update ♥

Oh my life it's been ages since I've managed to do a blog. It just shows you how much the hours at work buggers up my day. I'm so tired, and feel so sluggish compared to when I was off, all I want to do is get into bed. I was planning to do that after work today, but I ended up going for a little mooch around the shops, when I really shouldn't have because I'm fully skint, but oh well! So first I have a few pics to put up which I have been meaning to do.


This is Rupert, giving me a big kiss! I love him he is my in laws dog, who is a Briard who is just like a big cuddly bear. Aww he's just so cute <3


This was Sunday lunch for this week at the in laws. We had a chinese themed dinner for chinese new year, which was really nice, but we had grapes in the fruit salad for pud... We were highly amused. Don't we all look hot?


This is a half eaten Lumpy Bumpy cake from work. It is like a toffee sponge, with cream in and a fudgey, caramel topping. Oh my god it's like heaven. My diet has literally gone down the pan, but for Lumpy Bumpy, man it's worth it. I won't be able to have this once I've left work, so I am fully making the most of it. I have decided I'm going to join weight watchers too once I move on, because the hours are normal, I'm going to be able to attend the meetings, so fingers crossed I follow that through, or no skydive for me =S


Lucy, doing her usual smiley with grub! Hilarious! Bit of a squished beef cob I think she called it, we were obviously busy at lunch time... =D Btw, like my pink ski jacket in the background? It's very sexy. Especially with the lovely blob of black paint it has down the front, just really adds to it.


This was a look of the day about 2 days ago that I wore to work. We can't really get away with heavy colours on our eyes, which is hard for me because I love my brights, so the only way of introducing them is to put colours on as a liner. I created this look with the Gosh Quad Pallette 32 Evergreen. I have had it for 2 years I think and still haven't quite ran out. The colours in it are gorgeous and I've used every one of them. They are highly pigmented so you don't need that much. I use a basic tube of lipbalm on my eyelids as a primer before eyeshadow. You can get like a trio of lipbalm tubes from Wilkinsons or bodycare for about a pound, and they really do make great primers. I find with liquid primers you get a lot of creases in the socketline, with the eyeshadow moving about, but with a more firmer base like lipbalm they stick really well - and it's a good moisturiser for your eyelids! ;) The Gosh quads are around £8.50 in Superdrug at the moment, I always find they hold all day too, so a good investment. Emeralds & Turquoises suit brown hair and/or brown eyes too I think, my eyes are hazely with squints of green so that's why I like to wear it. 


Here's my mini haul! It's mostly from Superdrug and Bodycare because I only got cheap things as I'm skint! From Bodycare I got the tail comb, because the two I previously had have gone walkies, and that was about 75p. I got some St. Moriz medium mousse tan, about £2.19 and the mitt was around the same. It is the best 'budget' fake tan I have ever used. My friend from Uni got me onto it, and I've never looked back. It's a really natural glow, instant, and not streaky in the slightest. You have to be quite quick with the application though otherwise it will streak because it works by clinging onto the skin rapidly. I tend to apply it in circular motions rather than up and down, always works a treat for me, so have a go. For 2 quid, it's hard to resist! I also got the 'Scandaleyes' mascara from Rimmel. It has been reduced everywhere to £4.99, so I am wondering why. I am yet to try it so I'll review it after I have, and see if there's a problem!

From Boots I just got a Barry M nailpaint in Grey. A lady came into work with the same colour on, and I just thought it looked really nice, and would be great with a glitter topcoat. Then I hit Superdrug, or I should say Superdrug hit me. The MUA range in there is the really cheap stuff, most of the things are all a pound. I have already got a couple of products, including a cream highlighter eyeshadow, which actually I swear by and it is really pigmented. I have bought a blue mascara before and it wasn't that great, so I think it's one of those ranges that have lucky finds in them. So I bought most of it...

I got 5 eyeliner pencils, which have the in-built sharpener in the lid a bit like the E.L.F ones, 5 eyeshadows, a lipstick and a lipgloss. I swatched the lipstick in the shop and it still stayed on my hand for a good while, so hopefully it's a winner. The lipgloss actually smells amazing too. Again, I am yet to try it all, but more than likely will do tomorrow, and will let you know which I think are the best products. I also got the accessorize 3D glitter nail polish in 'Dream'. This was £4.00 and I had seen some youtubers talking about the accessorize range so I thought I'd try it. I have put it over a No. 7 dark blue colour called 'Sing the blues', and it actually looks really nice. I shall take a picture to see what you all think, and put it up tomorrow!
I'm finally where I wanted to be all day, bed. So catch you guys later.
Ciao for now xxXxx

No comments:

Post a Comment