Monday 9 January 2012

What a day ♥

I did the deed! I handed in my notice to work and have resigned. I felt so sick before I went, I can't even describe! I spent half an hour with Ed before I went but he felt just as sick as I did. Oh well, it had to be done, and it's now made me glad that I did. I came out afterwards feeling like it was the best thing I could of ever done. After handing my resignation letter over, instead of being congratulated, I was to notice that an email was being written to the potential new receptionist that will take my place. Nice. Lovely to know you are a valued member of staff that they will be sad to lose. Never mind eh, four weeks left.


So that's the letter a minute before I took it in. Over and done with now. Onwards and Upwards.

Afterwards, I popped over to Tamworth just to see what was about and kill some time. 


I got these shoes that are like grey velvet with snakeskin effect edging and heels. Total bargain and I thought they would look great for my new office with a black trouser suit, for £8 who can complain! Then I also got a big hair clip so I can shove my hair up quick in the mornings, and that was £2 and really girly and floral. 

Then I got this skull ring, only £2 and its gold with crystal eyes and a multi coloured flower. It's edgy and definitely moi! These were all from Matalan by the way, they haven't got much of a sale on still but the odd few bits you may find. I also got a black pencil skirt, which I do have an almost exactly the same one from International. The International one is £18 and this is so similar just without a belt and it was £3! I then ventured over to Hobbycraft. I have been looking at a lot of jewellery making videos and different beads and things on Ebay, so have been inspired to try and see what I could get. I know Hobbycraft is really pricey, but instead of getting some stuff off Ebay and waiting, I just wanted a bit of stuff to start me off. 



I just got some beads, charms and findings really to start me off. It was way more pricey than online, but still I can have a go now. My favourite is the antique gold colour for Jewellery. I have about 100 necklaces and I'd say the majority of them are this colour. You can make some really vintage pieces out of it and that's what I like best! 


I have seriously spent too much at Asda this month. I might as well pay my wages straight into their business accounts. However, Ed did treat me to this stuff bless him, which is cute! I got some new stationary for my new job! So I can write things down and keep well organised. I can't wait to start learning. I actually feel like I'm starting a new school or something buying stationary, I love it I'm so sad...I also got a nude George nail polish, and the Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer. A lot of bloggers and youtubers seem to really rate this so I got it to try for myself. I might do a review blog on them and some other make up I have.
Finally, I managed to make two pairs of earrings. I have never made jewellery before and I can't believe how much trickier it is actually doing it rather than watching it. They make it look so easy! It took me quite a while, but here are the finished products.

I actually want to keep them with being my first designs, but I might try putting them on Ebay see if they get bid on. If not then I shall keep them! 
Right then, better go to sleep. Ed is already and when I put my laptop down he has a habit of shouting out what he is dreaming about to me. Last night he was telling me that a band was massive, and they had seven number ones in two weeks, and that he couldn't believe I hadn't heard of them. It really makes me laugh, I sit here cracking up and he still doesn't wake. I'll keep you up to date with any more funny things he comes out with, because his over-active brain is actually rather entertaining!
Ciao for now! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment