Sunday 29 January 2012

Lake District & Stuff ♥

If you have read my previous blog, you will know that we had to go up to the Lake district briefly on business. We stay the one night on Friday, and it just wasn't long enough! We didn't get there until around half 8 on the night, so everywhere was pitch black and we didn't realise what view we had. We woke up to a fresh, crisp morning, everywhere frosted with thick ice, and all you could see were snow topped mountains. It was beautiful. The hotel was on a hill, so the view was great. We were so impressed with the hotel that we have now booked to return on pleasure so we can spend some more time there, and explore because I had to work the next day we had to return.

Do excuse the pictures, as they were all taken while we were driving!


The main view as you walked out the hotel.


The Castle Green hotel in Kendal. To have a better look if you are thinking of going to the Lakes, click HERE

Lake Windermere...and squirly tree! I can't wait to go back and take some proper shots in March. I am taking Ed for his birthday so we can have a nice relax and explore. The actual part we stayed in was Kendal, where Kendal Mint cake is made! So we could hardly come home without any! Yummy!


Also, coming back to my previous blog where I was trying out Tesco's facial cleansers and the maybelline foam mousse foundation...I take some of it back what I said. The foundation is very deceiving when you have it on your hand and doesn't look like its going to cover anything. It is very wet on your brush, but it really does cover any red patches and blotches. It is a light to medium coverage, but as it is dewy and wet, it is great for putting powder on top as it acts as a sticky base, then soon dries. So I'd give it a 8 out of ten for a light coverage foundation, if you are to cover over it with powder. Also, it is very quick and easy to apply, and when you are up at stupid o'clock for work, it comes in handy!
As for Tesco's cucumber facial range, I have been using it with the Witchstick and my spots are clearing up nicely. My face feels really fresh after using them, and for the money, they get  10 out of 10 from me.


I've also dyed my hair a bit. Put a bit of blonde in it, although it's more towards ginger especially in this picture! I will do it again soon so it's lighter, but there you go. That's what you get for paying a fiver and not £100 a go, but I'm not really bothered, at least it's a bit of dimension, I'm so bored with my hair.
I have also just completed my last ever weekend at work. I cannot wait just not have to get up in the dark now. Seems people there are dropping like flies now from what I hear along the grapevine, makes you wonder. 5 days to go, last ever Monday tomorrow! 
Ciao for now XxxX

1 comment: