Thursday 12 January 2012

Waffle Waffle and review ♥

I am knackered. I tell you what I'm not going to miss. I'm not going to miss sitting on a desk until 11pm at night. I'm not going to miss coming home in the dark, and getting back up in the dark to be back on the desk for quarter to 7 in the morning. I'm not going to miss feeling knackered because of the inconsistency of my hours. Etcetera. There are certainly things - well, people, I will miss, but being back reminds me of the things I won't. I do feel quite detached now unfortunately, and I am counting down the last weeks. Wish I could just talk to the girls all day instead. We love a good gossip.
So this might be a bit of a long one, I have a few pictures! Probably not interesting but oh well, the little 'X' is in the right hand corner if you get bored :) 
I have been saying about a few different reviews for ages but haven't got round to doing them, so in this one they shall be! Firstly though, just some goings on...


This was tonight's dinner. Chicken and bacon risotto. Unappetizing picture I'm afraid, however, I have never in my life cooked risotto before but it was absolutely amazing!!! If one does say so herself... It was so tasty and filling, an all rounder. Find the recipe HERE so you can try it yourself. Good to Know is a great website for recipes and advice. It's the first place I look for either! It says use pudding rice but I actually did use aboria proper risotto rice, I also only used one stock cube because the bacon is salty enough as it is. I also put a dash of garlic salt, dried mix herbs and a splash of white wine in it, to give it my own kick. Mmm we have full bellies! 


(Sorry for out of focus pic, my camera is giving me major grief) This is what the risotto took however, a nice grated thumb! Grating the parmeraggiano into it, I thought a bit of thumb would be a nice, tasty, secret ingredient. Not recommended in the recipe for some reason though, funny that.


This is our new fire. It looks really cosy in our lounge now. I came home last night and Ed had put it all up and set it up for us. So cute <3 It's a bit warmer in here now! Just a quickie, does anyone else find that new Weight watchers advert profusely aggravating?! Ughh the song is the most irritating noise EVER! Rant over...
So, onto the beauty bit and finished with the first part of boredom...


I've been meaning to review this since Christmas so sorry it's been so long. It is Vera Wang's newest addition which is called LoveStruck. The bottle is gorgeous and is the same design for each size, which is great because with a lot of brands, smaller sizes have a simplified design. The scent is very light and floral, with a sweet hint at the top. I do like sweet perfumes such as Britney Spears midnight fantasy for a cheapish one. Gucci Guilty is a beaut too. I have a perfume  from Next actually that is £6.50 for a 30ml bottle and it is called Adore. Whenever I have it on, everyone seems to say something along the lines of 'Ooo that Gucci Guilty is lovely', and think it's that! So if you want to cheat, grab yourself a bottle of that. It hangs around too. I'm not sure if they do it in full Next stores, I personally get it from Next Clearance in Derby, but they may do!


This is the nail varnish I got the other day that I previously mentioned. I love the neutral shades that are coming in at the moment, and this was a cheap enough one to try. The shade is Werewolf and is from George at Asda. It's a pastel brown shade really, and paints on quite well. It does need 2 coats to really perfect it and dries pretty quickly. I've had it on about 3 days now and still hasn't chipped much. That maybe due to my genius top coat however! It is Sally Hansens Diamond shine. You can use it on it's own and it hardens brittle nails instantly and dries in about 10 seconds, or you can use it as a top coat and it is protective and makes any nail varnish look really shiny. It is quite pricey at about a tenner, but it's worth every penny. The George nail range is about £1.50 per pot, the quality of each colour actually does differ, but in this case it's a thumbs up from me for the price. Apologies for my fingers, they are guilty of a terrible biting habit!


I also explained about getting the Collection 2000 concealer in my previous blog. Everyone seriously raves about this on blogger and youtube, so I went out and got it! It was £4 and I got it in the shade '1 Fair'. It really is as good as you guys say! It brightens, covers, and sticks around. It's called Lasting perfection, so put that on your next haul list. On the picture I left part of the swatch as it was applied, and towards the right, I blended it a little to show you how good it is. It has an applicator the same as a lipgloss, nice and easy. Go buy! 
Underneath is the swatch of the warming powder by Bare Minerals. I got this as part of the starter kit set, which has an RRP of about £50, but I got it free as part of a scheme from work. Rather than a bronzer, it is more matte, and you only need the slightest bit on your brush. Too much though and you are left with a big block of colour on your face, so do watch that if you are considering the product. It's £19 on it's own, and I am a tight arse and known for not spending that sort of money on one make up item. I am obsessed with make up, and anyone that knows me would tell you the same, but I don't like to spend a lot when I am always determined to find something better and cheaper. On those terms, I don't know if I'd re-purchase, but I am actually yet to find something as good, so my theory may be beaten. 
I've never owned a Mac product in my life, and everyone raves about it. But I strongly believe it's half down to the application! If I ever get any, then I will fully make my mind up.

So that's it for now, if your still with me. If there's anything anyone wants reviewing let me know. Barry M is of course my forte, and I have pretty much every Dazzle Dust, so if you aren't sure on one, I can tell you about it!
Ciao for now guys xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment