Thursday 19 January 2012

MUA Review etc ♥

As in the previous blog, you will know I bought some MUA products from Superdrug, so I will show you a look I created for under a tenner! Firstly though, I also purchased an Accesorize nail polish in 'Dream', and I put it over two coats of a No7 nail polish 'Sing the blues' which looks great. It gives 'Dream' a really intense glitter look, and has a beautiful shimmer to it. However, it is CHIPTASTIC. I am really disappointed. I painted them before bed and even put my failsafe Sally Hansen diamond shine topcoat on them, and the morning after every nail was chipped on the tips. I did manage to wear it all day before taking it off, but it really didn't last long at all. So it probably is best for a party or night out, but if you are wanting to wear it longer term, for a few days, unfortunately I wouldn't recommend it =( 


My fingers looks more dodgy than usual, so apologies about that! But as you can see, nail colour is gorgeous, it just does not last. Oh and that's my engagement ring! Only one in the whole world, I am very lucky and I look at it every day. I can't wait until the day we get married <3


I have now re-painted my nails with Barry M shade 293 Grey. It feels quite chip resistant at the moment, but I've only had it on for about an hour so we shall soon find out. I really like the colour though, it's very opaque and two coats was more than enough really. It also dried very quickly, so for £2.99, bargain.


 
This make up look is from the MUA products I purchased. It is literally under a tenner. The eyeshadows are completely amazing for a pound. They are SO pigmented and the colours are lovely. They are really bright and they literally didn't budge all day. On my eyebrows I used a mix between their brown liner pencil, clear mascara and their brown eyeshadow. They all worked great together, so just like a makeshift eyebrow kit. My lips are shade 12 I think! I'll have to double check, but you don't really need the lipgloss over it. I did put it over, but the lipstick is fairly wet anyway, and does stay on for a few hours. For a pound you can't go wrong, so go get some basics, and back ups.
Lappy battery is dying now, so I'll see you guys later.
Ciao for now xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment