Tuesday 15 May 2012

Beauty UK Birmingham NEC 2012 ♥


Howdy! Hope you are all well! As you may or may not know, I took a little venture to the NEC in Birmingham this weekend to the Beauty UK show. I had been once before a few years ago, but never really knew much of what I was on about then. Now I am so into make up and beauty, that I was unbelievably excited to go, and see what they had to offer.

Beauty UK is a trade only show, but if you register and put down what you do, it enables you free ticket entry into the show OR you can go on the day and pay ten pounds. I don't think they are too fussed about whether you have a company or not - at the end of the day they want to sell their products. It is more targeted at salons, and spas, but there are a few goodies for the general public like me! This year we found it was very much nail art based, as opposed to make up, which is OK because I am getting more and more into nail colours and I wanted to get me some O.P.I! And so I did.

These are the nail varnishes I picked up which are:
* Liquid Crystal - China Glaze *I'm not Lion - China Glaze * Servin' Up Sparkle - OPI * Significant Other Colour - OPI * Sure Shot - Essie
I LOVE all of these colours, and after I saw Louise's video on Sprinkle of Glitter with the Essie polish on it, I instantly loved it and so it was sold to moi! I think my fave out of all of them has to be Significant Other Colour which is the lilac duotone from OPI, it is stunning!


Significant Other Colour on the nails, with Servin' Up Sparkle on the accent nail. Sorry about the little claw thing going on here, dunno what that is all about! But hey ho, you get the idea!


I was also pretty excited for NYX too, as you can't get many of their products easily here in the UK so I made sure I got some! You can order online HERE but I hate paying for shipping because it just annoys me!
Firstly there are two Striper Polishes which aren't NYX but I just happened to photograph it all together. They are from a brand called Stripe Rite and they are the really thin brushes for nail art detail, and I got those in a Purple glitter and a gold, those were 99p!

For the NYX products then, I got 4 of the jumbo eye pencils in 'Cottage Cheese' (what a name, urgh!), 'Purple', 'Pacific' and 'Peacock'. I've never used any NYX products before so I will be sure to review them on a Thursday Thoughties post soon! Then there is the Matte Lipstick in 'Shocking Pink', a roll on shimmer in 'Purple', a lipgloss in 'Dolly Pink', Glitter powder in 'Luxurious Lavender', Cream blush in 'Hot Pink' and a Concealer in a jar in 'Light'. Phewwww take a breath! 


Check out the coolio China Glaze bag too! Although it is a more nail orientated show, I really do recommend trying to get tickets because it is free, and is a nice day out - maybe not for your purse though, certainly not for mine!


Lastly, just a few pieces from Peggy Sage. I had not heard of this brand before, but a lot of people were at it so I thought I might as well try a few bits. I got a new lip brush and a new liner brush as I was in need of those, a black eyeliner and a bright pink lip liner to go with the NYX lippy that I purchased. Then my friend Sarah who I was with spotted these gorgeous nail stickers with the Eiffel tower on! I'm mad about anything Eiffel tower, so these are perfect! She's a good'un! 


Finally, this is the make up I wore for the day! I'm not going to go into too much detail because I think I have bored you for long enough! But if you would like a post on what I used and how to do it, just let me know!



I also documented the day by video, so click play if you want to see more. It is super shaky so sorry about that, but maybe better than nout!



Did any of you go to Beauty UK? Or would you fancy going next year? Tell me your thoughts!
Ciao for now XxX



No comments:

Post a Comment