Thursday 17 May 2012

Thursday Thoughties - MUA vs Sleek Pressed Powder ♥


Hello! It's Thursday again and time for a Thursday Thoughties review post. This week seems to have gone pretty quick I think! 
I've got the MUA pressed powder, and the Sleek Luminous Pressed Powder which are both products I have purchased recently. I had the Sleek Powder before the MUA, and it was priced around £6.00, available in larger Superdrug stores. This is a luminous pressed powder with SPF15 in it, and is very fine with a slight shimmer to it. The MUA pressed powder is only £1.00 and it is a completely matt powder, and has a slightly 'chalkier' texture - that is the only way I can think to describe it!


Both very reasonably priced products, especially the MUA powder, as you can see I have hit pan on the Sleek one. They are both great for the money and I use them both as setting powders over my foundation. They are both great for different reasons, I think the MUA is a perfect everyday powder, it seems to be long lasting in the pan and lasts around three to four hours before my super oily T-zone gets the better of it. 

The sleek powder I prefer for nights out, as it adds a lovely 'satin' finish on the skin, rather than being so mattifying. It seems to last around the same time as the MUA powder, maybe oh-so-slightly longer! Packaging wise, MUA is very basic and it is literally the product you are paying for, but I don't mind that for a pound! Sleek however does come with a mirror, and a sponge applicator so it is great for carrying around on the go.


This is how they both look swatched. The left is Shade 1 by MUA and the right is 01 by Sleek. As you can see, the colours are very much the same, it is just the added shimmer in the Sleek powder. As an overall thought, I don't think I shall purchase the Sleek powder again, as I prefer the matt look of the MUA, and I'm saving myself a fiver! Win win! Still, they are both great products for drugstore brands and worth a try!


Rating out of five
Sleek ****
MUA *****
Ciao for now! XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment