Tuesday 1 May 2012

April Glossybox ♥

Hi lovelies! I wasn't originally planning on doing a Glossybox review, as it is pretty cliché, however despite some negative thoughts I have read, I was very pleased with mine so I thought I would share with you what I received. Also, it is definitely time for a beauty related post! I haven't done one in a while, and to make it extra special, there is only one Iphone picture in it, meaning good quality Canon piccies! Hurrah!

So this is what my Glossybox looked like. As I am sure you know by now it was an environmentally friendly themed box, in celebration of Earth month. I think it is a great idea, as even the box is biodegradable. It is a pretty box actually, a nude colour with natural fibres on it, with brown ribbons inside. Made me feel like a bit of a tree hugger! When I opened it, this is what I was graced with, and I was extremely pleased. 


First off, I got a sample of the Kai perfume. I was pleased to see I got perfume because I did have a sneaky peak at what other people got and there weren't many with it in. However, this is unfortunately my least favourite item (you can't have it all can you?) as the scent just isn't me. I liked the concept, which was that it smells different on every persons skin, but for me it was far too heavy on mine. It is very weighed down with an extremely strong rose fragrance, which I actually couldn't get rid of up my nose for a good few hours - which I suppose means it has good staying power - but it did start to make me feel queasy. I prefer sweet or fresh scents, so this just wasn't for me.


On a lighter note, I was really excited to see this Figs and Rouge natural lip balm in 'Rambling Rose'. Although I am not a massive fan of the rose scent, it is subtle enough to like and the texture is so different for a lip balm. I love collecting new lip balms, and trying new ones so I got this straight out of the packet. It has a really silky smooth texture, it almost feels powdery in an odd way, but it is so nice on the lips. No stickyness to it, and it does make my lips feel nice and hydrated. This is definitely something I would re-purchase, although finding it may be an issue!


Another product I was excited about was the Caudelie skin quenching S.O.S serum. I had also seen this in other blogger's boxes and really wanted it. I never used to be into skincare that much, but I am liking it more now. I know Caudelie is raved about across blogs and Youtube, so I tried this on the night I received it. It is to be put under moisturiser morning and night for lovely quenched skin. I have oily to combo skin anyway so I wouldn't need to buy this, but it really did make my skin feel lovely, fresh and healthy actually. It is a nice product, but I do want to try the beauty elixir mist very soon too!


The next product was an organic eyeliner from Inka. A full sized product (wehey!), which is a purple eyeliner. I really love this, it is a lovely dark purple colour that does seem to stick around on my eyes. It retails on it's own for £11.95 I believe so it was nice to get a full version of it in this box. Definitely something that has made it into my make up bag, and I give it a thumbs up!


Last but by no means least, I had an Ayuuri Coconut body wash. Oh my life I LOVE this product. The smell is just to die for and I could actually just sit and sniff it all day...and probably end up rocking backwards and forwards like a nutcase. Anyway, another full sized product, and I have been using it everyday in the shower since. The scent does stick around for a few hours after, which by the way is coconut, wild jasmine and aloe vera. I would definitely, a million percent re-purchase this if I can find it. I love it so much! 


So there we have it, one lovely Glossybox in my opinion! What did you think of it? Did you get anything different to mine?
Ciao for now xXx


No comments:

Post a Comment