Wednesday 30 May 2012

What's in my work make up bag? ♥

Hi lovers! So today I thought I would enlighten you with a 'What's in my work make up bag' post today, because as you probably have gathered, I haven't bought many beauty items this week because I am unbelievably skint due to different events going on! 

My work make up bag is much different to the weekend collection, because I can't wear much make up due to the nature of my job, and I do tend to sit leaning my face on my hands most of the day, therefore transferring most of my make up onto them, and leaving at the end of the day with nothing on. Because of this, I don't wear my proper foundation during the week, and none of the products are anything fancy because there is no point. These products are all well loved by the way, so sorry about the state of them. I just thought this may be helpful if you are in a similar situation to me with work, and don't want to splash out for not many people to see you!

So here goes. My make up bag is a little chocolate one my in laws got me for chrimbo, it's by N.SPA which is available at larger ASDA stores. For a base, I have got a sample of the Garnier Light BB Cream which I received yesterday but I shall review this tomorrow as it's Thursday Thoughties time again. Then I have an MUA bronzer, which I do actually use every single day because it is matte and amazing, it is shade 3. For a highlight I have Number 17 Instant Glow, and I tend to swirl my brush just in the top two stripes in the block, and it gives a lovely shimmer. For my powder to set my face I have the MUA powder in shade 1, great for oil control throughout the day and doesn't look ashy on the skin.
For blushers, I have two MUA ones in shade 2 and shade 4, one is a dark pink colour and one is a burnt coral so I can change it up depending on what mood I am in!


I then carry a few brushes with me which are:
* Real Techniques Pointed Foundation brush which I use for concealer - part of the core collection.
* Real Techniques Buffing Brush - I use for foundation/BB cream, it is my holy grail brush - part of the core collection.
*A W7 small blush brush - not a great brush but does the job when I'm in a hurry.
*Unbranded Powder Brush - I use this for bronzer and to set my make up, but I got it at Beauty UK a few years back and it's still a great brush!
*A W7 large powder brush - used for blush or highlight.
*Models own angled brush - for brows, I love this brush, it is soft yet sturdy.
*Peggy Sage Liner brush - I use this for Gel liner but that shouldn't be in this bag!


Other bits and pieces include:
*MUA Lipstick in Shade five - a subtle shimmery pink.
*Lasting perfection concealer in Fair - a staple in anyone's kit!
*MUA single matt shadow in shade 19 - My everyday brow colour.
*Maybelline Falsies Flared Mascara - A nice everyday mascara with a multifunctional brush.
*Clean and Clear spot treatment - to zap those pesky zits!
*Peggy Sage kohl eyeliner - A great black liner for everyday use.
*MUA Clear mascara - Used as brow gel (excuse the colour!)

And finally some bag essentials! Some hair grips or bobby pins, a bobble and a spikey necklace of course!


So that was an insight into my work make up bag, hope it was helpful if you are looking to put together an inexpensive one.
What do you you have for work? Any good recommendations to try? 
Ciao for now XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment