Thursday 10 May 2012

Thursday Thoughties - Collection Naturally Matt ♥

Hellooo! So from now on, I figured that I am going to do a review type post on a Thursday. I always say I am going to do a review on products, and never seem to get round to it, so from here forth - I shall! I purchase many different cosmetics as a hobby really, because that is what makes me happy - and you should always do what makes you happy! So, I am going to share my thoughts with you, because if there is something you are thinking of getting but you aren't sure, then you can save your pennies until you make your mind up from my opinion!

Of course it will always be what I personally think, I have never been sent and item or paid for any review, so it is 100% going off my own purchase and my own opinion!
To get started then, in my previous, recent haul, I purchased the Collection 2000 Naturally Matt Foundation. I am a tad on the oily side so it is always nice to try a matt foundation. I recently tried the Number 17 Matt foundation and it could only be described as disastrous - but we won't continue with that.

Packaging wise, it is a nice and easy squeezy tube, and says all it needs to on it! I like the black packaging, I think it is always a safe option to look smart. This retails at a pretty shocking £2.98, which I feel I should of paid more for! 


I got it in the shade Blonde 2, which is second in line I believe. They were all out of the lightest shade and I was so desperate to try it I got it anyway. It is a real shame because it is a couple of shades to dark for my skin tone, but hey - nothing a bit of fake tan can't sort out!
Swatched on my hand it looks like this. It is a fairly light consistency with a medium coverage. The top swatch is how it first applies, and underneath you can see it blended in just about. You do have to work fairly quickly with it before it starts to dry, but it does give you enough time to work with, not like Number 17 that is just cake.


For the money, I actually really like the coverage. My everyday foundation is now NARS sheer glow, so I find it really hard to go back to a drugstore after that. At the moment I am trying to savour the last bits of my NARS, so this Collection one is stepping in during the days I am at work. It is mattifying and this is how it looks on. 


Overall, I think it is a really great Matt foundation for how cheap it is, obviously not suitable for dry skin because it will just patch up in the dry areas. However for me, with combination to oily skin it is great! I only wish I had the correct shade, so I am going to have to go back and see if they have it in stock!
Hope this was helpful to you, and if you are are looking for a less pricey Matt foundation, I'd definitely give it a go! Thumbs up from me!
Rating out of 5 = * * * *
Ciao for now! xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment