Thursday 24 May 2012

Thursday Thoughties - M&S Limited Lipstick ♥

Bonjourno! My apologies, I have been a somewhat absent blogger this week. It is really because I am desperately trying to save my pennies which means I don't have much wonga for beauty items *cries*, therefore not a fat lot to blog about either! However, I did have a sneaky little purchase over last weekend of one of the Marks and Spencers new Limited Collection of cosmetics. I had heard Pixiwoo go on about it and it all looked so pretty when I walked by, I couldn't not try it, and they had an offer for a percentage off all make up which was great when I got to the till!

So the colour I had picked was a fairly bright orange, which isn't like me really but I'm always up for trying new colours! Sorry about the picture, it's been well loved already. The shade is Melba Blush, and is a dusky kind of orange with a very super fine shimmer to it. They retail at five pounds each, but as I say it was a little cheaper due to the offer they had on, but forgive me I have forgotten it!


Swatched on my hand it doesn't look as zingy, but it really is a lovely colour. The formulation is so moisturising, it just glides on the lips so smoothly! The texture definitely reminds me of the Revlon Lip Butters but with a bit more of a colour pay off. Longevity wise, I keep re-applying it every one to two hours if I really want it to stay vibrant, but it does fade out nicely if you haven't got time to keep re-applying - you aren't left with a big orange line around the edges of your lips.


This is how it looks on the lips, it can look nice and bright but the further away you are it seems it isn't that bright. I actually really love the colour, I don't know if it's great with my blue hair, but when my eyes are done to match it kind of takes away the attention from that. This is a moisturising satin finish I would say. Another rubbish picture sorry, I'm a freckly speckly at the moment with all this sun!


This is how it looks with an overall make up look I did - and a mini outfit of the day for you! So the look was inspired by the dress I had from Matalan, which I mentioned in an earlier post, so I matched my face to suit because I am weird like that. I did a sort of sunset eye with the colours of the aztec print on the dress, and the Melba Blush lipstick was the perfect combination. See, it doesn't look overly bright here either, must depend on what light you are in.

Overall I really love this lipstick and will definitely be getting some more!
Rating out of five: *****
Ciao for now XxX

1 comment:

  1. It is such a cute shade! I didn't know that they did lipsticks.. I just thought they stuck with their perfumes and nail varnishes ;)

    By the way, I've awarded you the Kreativ Blogger Award. Check it out here http://amiieeliciousxo.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/kreativ-blogger-award.html
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete