Monday 21 May 2012

Weekend Antics ♥



Hi everyone! Had a good weekend?
I have nothing particularly specific to tell you about today, so I am going to warble on about things I managed to do over the weekend! Probably not interesting, so if you feel like clicking that lil' cross at the top of the page, I probably wouldn't blame you! If you choose to stay, then hai! Hope this is at least mildly entertaining!

So Friday night I met up with my lovely chums from my old work, Lucy and Becky, and just went for some pub grub and a good old natter. It was great to see them as I miss them lots, had a good chinwag and a good chocolate sundae - whoops. This was the make up I had to go and meet them, and I really love the NYX lipstick! It is super bright! I got it from the Beauty UK show, and this is a combo of a Peggy Sage lipliner all over, the NYX lippy and then a NYX lipgloss in the same pink over the top. The names should by in my Beauty UK post if you wanna know! Earrings are from Primarni, necklace from Topshop.


Me and the hubby to be wanted to spend some quality time together this weekend, as we felt we hadn't been able to over the last few weeks, as work has been pretty busy etc. So we made sure we had a nice weekend to ourselves, and had a little look round the shopping centre in Tamworth. This wasn't everything I came out with but I just want to share with you two of the bargains, just in case you are looking for any!

This is an aztec print dress, in my favourite ever material - being the sheer chiffon. I have so many shirts and clothes in this material, I just love it. So I saw this dress and was already happy that it buttoned right up to the top, which equals being able to add a pretty necklace! It is also long sleeved which is a win win, and when I looked at the label it had been reduced from £20.00 to a tenner! Bargalicious in Matalan!


I have ran out of perfume recently so I was wondering around the mahoosive Marks and Spencers they have in Tamworth. I'm not a Marks and Sparks kinda woman usually, but they took me by surprise! I was standing at the perfumes sniffing them all like a moron, when I cam across this. It is called dreamy days and OH MY LIFE is it good! There was a 100ml bottle for £15.00, or the 100ml bottle with shower gel for £15.00, so I thought I'll have the free shower gel please! It is gorgeous, I can't get enough of the smell, it's super sweet and I can't stop sniffing myself all day - which couldn't sound any weirder but you know what I mean! Go sniff it! And if you don't like this one, Marks have loads of lovely fragrances for a slash of the price of your Gucci's and Dior's. Great for a tide-me-over perfume until a birthday or Chrimbo!


After shopping, I wanted to do a nice meal for Ed because all our dinners had been rushed over the last week! On come dine with me, I saw someone do Asparagus with hollandaise sauce and a crispy poached egg and thought it looked yummy, so I had a go. Thinking I'd got more eggs than I had, I didn't buy any when I went shopping but it turned out I only had six. One I had to whisk up to be an eggwash to stick breadcrumbs to the poached egg, two had to be poached eggs and two for the hollandaise! 

On the hob I put a saucepan of boiling oil ton the front to deep fry, and boiling water to poach on the back hob. I always crack eggs onto a plate to slide them into the water to poach them so as not to break them, and the went into the water. Cut a long story short, I poached them both, split on one the way out so only one egg was left! I cracked the remaining egg onto the plate, and blummin' well slid it into the oil by accident instead. Numpty much? So we only had half an egg each, but oh well, it turned out OK! Click HERE for the recipe.


I had also seen on Louise from Sprinkle of Glitter's blog, that she had found Disco Baths on Pinterest! What a great idea! It's good for kids aswell as us big'uns, safer than candles too! The idea is to put glow sticks in the bath. I got some and then Ed made my name out of them! How cute! 
(Sorry about the image placing, I can't get it centred for some reason.)







Finally we took a little venture to somewhere called Barton Marina, which isn't too far from us, and we haven't been before. It is where canal boats moor up and there are a few little boutique shops and a gorgeous pub/restaurant. We went to get some grub, and this was the view from our table. It is very picturesque and the food was totes amaze! If you are around Staffordshire or Birmingham it is definitely worth a little visit!




So that was my weekend really, bit of a rambly post, but better than nout. My next one should have a little more structure!
Ciao for now XxX





No comments:

Post a Comment