Wednesday 2 May 2012

Make up and Thrifty OOTE ♥


Hello everyone! So today I am doing a little post on a few make up looks I have had over the past couple of days, and a few things I picked up from my local charity shops recently. I am really getting into the habit of looking round the charity shops, because you just never know what you might find. I actually really enjoy the  little challenge of going into one, and trying to find a thrify outfit, or piece of jewellery that could look up to date, or relatively decent. I used to never set foot in them, (oh the shame) because I used to be worried someone would see me coming out of it which is pretty bad really. Now I realise there are bargains to be had, and vintage is the way forward!

Ed and I went into the main one near us first, and spotted a few nice things. Ed got himself a chiming wall clock for his office at the fraction of the price he had been looking for online. As you may or may not know, I really love animal jewellery and so when I spotted this little guy, it was love at first sight! It was £8.00 though which I thought was a little steep, but there wasn't a scratch on it. I decided to leave Lenny the Lizard or Gary the Gecko (I'll shut up now ), because I didn't have the change in my purse anyway.
I told my Mom about it later on, and the next day she went and got it for me! Bless her, she is a super Mom! So he will make a home on one of my handbags.


Next were these vases (apologies for pic quality, I hadn't got time to snap them properly), my Mom also went back and got me these because I was umming and ahhing. Basically, for our wedding I want to collect lots of pretty small-ish vintage vases, so we can put clusters of different flowers in them on the tables. I thought these were lovely, just the right size and £1.50 each! What a bargain. The hunt is on for plenty more.


Then I saw these little badboys, which I am pretty sure I have previously seen in House of Fraser where they are about £22.00. Here they were £2.00, and being little lion heads I had to snap them up! As well as animal jewellery, I love big stud earrings, so they fit the mould - especially for that price.


Last but by no means least, I found this pastel pink polka dot shirt. It was my size, and I absolutely loved it. The collar is perfect, almost peter pan but slightly more pointed and I love the ribbed detail down the front. It is a lovely shirt for spring/summer with the pastel colour bang on trend. With a little bit of imagination, for £3.50 I was hoping I could make it work! It was originally from Marks and Sparks, so not your average old rubbish I'll have you know ;p !


This was my outfit of the evening (OOTE) on the day I brought it. We decided to go out for an Italian so I thought what better excuse? Sorry about the blurry picture again, this was taken on my SLR but unfortunately my hubby to be won't quite make it as David Bailey just yet, bless his cottons.
So I whacked my hair into a vintage style roll and high ponytail. Shoved on the blouse - £3.50 st Giles, shoved on the skirt - £3.00 from Matalan, the black blazer - £10.00 from Primark, some tights and some patent black heels from New Look - £20.00 (which you can't see...). I then added my gold chain from the vintage fair - £5.00, pearl vintage earrings - £1.00 Charity shop, and a gold belt that came from another skirt somewhere along the line. And there you have it, thrifty outfit of the evening.


A bit closer up, this is Ed & I, just to show what my make up was like. 
Face Base - Nars Sheer Glow in Deauville 4, MUA Bronzer in shade 2 I think - it is matte anyway (which I totally adore), MUA light pink blusher in shade 1, sleek luminous face powder to set.
Eyebrows - MUA clear mascara (used as a brilliant brow gel!) MUA eyeshadow in shade 19, applied with Models own angled brush.
Eyes - Asda lipbalm as primer, Urban Decay Naked Pallette colours - sin, toasted and hustle, MAC fluidline in Blacktrack, Primark lashes, Maybelline falsies winged mascara.
Lips - MAC Sheen Supreme in Insanely It.
And thatsh'allot!


Another quick make up look I did the other day, kind of like a 3 tiered smokey look using Maybelline colour tattoo in gold, a few colours out of the Naked pallette and MAC Hue lipstick. I have been thinking I may do a tutorial on something like this, because it's pretty easy and structured so it would be an easy step by step.


Bit of a random post for you there, but at least it may give you some inspiration for braving the charity shops! As always, thanks for reading!
Ciao for now! XxX


No comments:

Post a Comment