Friday 4 May 2012

Mini Haul & Dress! ♥

Hai Bloggeroonies! (It's getting worse isn't it?) Today I have a little diddy haul for you, just with a few things I got yesterday. Ed and I popped over to the Fort shopping centre in Birmingham, as there was a dress I had seen online and that was the only place they had it in stock.
If you have stayed with me for this long, you may know I could be dousing with the royals next month! So I have been on a mission to find a dress, read that post HERE. I had been searching far and wide across the interweb desperately trying to find something that is simple, but would be effective with the right accessories. When you are a bigger woman like myself, a lot has to be considered, such as nipping in all the right places, covering all the wrong places, length perfection and the curse of the cling. I knew I wanted something along the lines of a peplum dress, and I finally came across the one I had my heart set on, on the Dorothy Perkins website.
It was in the sale £30.00 down to £17.00! Too good to be true, as it was out of stock online, and everywhere in Birmingham but the Fort apparently. So we shot down there because I never thought I would be so lucky and actually get it. I couldn't find it when I walked in, but the shop assistants helped me look and found two in both sizes I needed to try on! Couldn't believe my luck! Tried on the smaller size and it fits like a glove which I am also pleased about!

So here it is, it isn't much to look at I know, but teamed with an eclectic fascinator, a pashmina and killer patent black heels, I think it might look rather smart! Got to be prepared if I'm hangin' out with the Duchess of Cambridge - know what I'm sayin'? I'll post a picture of me in it when I actually go. I can half relax now, just the fascinator to find. Bargainous Bargains. To view this dress with a better picture, you can go to the Dorothy Perkins webpage HERE.

Also I picked up this gold peter pan collar necklace for the good old faithful Dotty P's, £10.00 reduced to £2.00. Then we went into Topshop, which isn't very big at the Fort, but still! I picked up an ear cuff which isn't something I would usually go for but I was pretty drawn to it. It is silver and has a little skull to go in the pierced part of your ear, then a skeleton hand to clip around the higher part of your ear, and that was £6.50 reduced to £2.50.


I had originally gone into Topshop to try and find a necklace that has been swimming around the Youtube and blog world, and I actually managed to get it, I was pretty shocked. It is so cute though, it is gold and silver with a moon, eye and sun on it. It is quirky which is what I am all about, so I couldn't not get it especially at £3.50! Then I also got these large skull studs, which are duo chrome pink and gold. Again, something I wouldn't usually go for, but I thought they were quite nice, and would go with my MAC force of love lippy beautifully!


Then we had a quick mooch around our local ASDA (or Walmart) and of course I can never walk out of there empty handed when it comes to make up, so I got a couple of bits. I am having a major breakout for me at the moment! I hate it, spotty spot spot! So I am trying this clean and clear advantage spot treatment gel, it claims it is fast acting and £3.50, so I will let you know how that goes. Then I saw Collection 2000 has bought out a matt foundation, and my skin seems to be becoming oh-so-oily at the moment so I thought I would try it for £2.98. I hated the 17 matte foundation, so it could only get better? I am going to do a full review on this because I have tried it this morning, so I shall let you know my thoughts.
Next was the Rimmel lasting finish nail polish in 500 Disco Ball, and it is a gorgeous turquoise, purple glitter polish which I can't wait to try! Finally, after a little rummage through the bargain bin, I came across a Rimmel Mousse Eyeshadow. It was reduced from £4.98 to £2.49, and in the shade 'Splash'. The pigmentation is lovely and it is a turquoise, gold colour.


I am looking forward to using all of the products and jewellery, and will give a more in depth review when I use them! Hope this has given you an idea of what is about at the moment, and if you would like a more in depth review on any of the products, let me know!
Ciao for now xXx






No comments:

Post a Comment