Wednesday 9 May 2012

Make Up Haul, MUA, MAC, Illamasqua ♥


Ahoy there! Did everybody have a nice bank holiday weekend? I hope so! Even with less than a week to Beauty UK, unfortunately I could not fight the make up minions that live inside my brain, and well and truly overspent in Birmingham. Although I only got two higher end products, it all adds up and I ended up in Primark too! Man alive, am I paying for it now.
You only live once is one of my favourite sayings ;)

So I'll just whizz through, just to give you an idea of what is out there at the moment! As you may or may not know, MACs new 'Hello Sailor' collection was launched this week, and as only this year I have learnt about MAC *shock horror*, I haven't had any of the patterned, limited edition collections. I loved this one though,  so I had to get something from it! I picked up the Frost lipstick in 'To Catch a Sailor', and it is a gorgeous sheer gold colour. I know the frost lipsticks aren't the best for colour, but I find that this one is buildable, suitable for everyday wear, or build it up and it is a very metallic bronze gold. It is a different colour for me, but I'm all into trying new things! That was £14.00. 

Talking of new things, I have been lusting after Illamasqua's Apocalips since the Human Fundamentalism collection came out! As you know, my hair is turquoise so this is a must have! Obviously not for everyday wear, but it's just something I need in my life! It is a little darker than the advertisement photos, but with a blue lip/eyeliner, or a white one underneath, that soon brightens it up. The make up artist in Selfridges put it on me so I was walking around town with blue lips, which made me look like a drag queen because she extended my cupids bow, and didn't do the best job. I don't want to tell my grandmother how to suck eggs, but I soon wiped it off. That was £15.50.

Primark have bought out their own lipbalms! They smell a bit dodgy I must admit, like more clinical than the smell they are meant to be, but for £1.00 I got two, just to shove in my bag!


I have got a fancy dress party for Ed's brothers birthday in June, which doubles as our Queen's jubilee date so we have to dress all patriotic! Most people are going as the Royals, so I thought I would be different and go as a Union Jack! I have a Union Jack dress, deely boppers, lip tattoo...the list goes on! In Primark I found these nail wraps for £1.00! I have never tried nail wraps before, but they are perfect so I will give them a go! 

I then came across this spray rapid dry for nails. It was on the test table at Superdrug and I was extremely sceptical about it. I had a go however, and it works like a dream! It's a bit wet at first but I felt the nail after about 30 seconds and it was already pretty much dry. I am looking forward to properly trying it out, and I shall later review it. This was £3.59. Next up, MUA.

We all know and love MUA, and I have tons of the stuff, but I hadn't got the red lipstick yet! Louise at Sprinkle of Glitter always says how much she loves it, and I have four other pink shades but not the red, so for £1.00 I had to get it! I am yet to try, but I'm sure it shall be fabulous!


I also naughtily got a couple of other bits while I was there. I am actually determined to have the whole collection. I got the face powder in shade 1, because I usually use the Sleek Luminous face powder, but this is £1.00 so I thought I should try it, and compare. I got the two remaining blushers that I don't have, in shade  2 and shade 6. I absolutely love the MUA blushers, I couldn't recommend them more because the colours, application and price are all beautiful.
I then picked up the new brush on concealer. I don't think this is going to be a product I stick with, as my 'go-to' concealer is of course the Collection 2000 lasting perfection. It is in one of those applicators that have the twisty, clicky bit on the bottom, to which you have to wait a lightyear for the product to come out - then it all comes out at once! Does that happen to you? It seems to dry quickly too so not that easy to blend, and although it is the light shade, it is still a few shades dark for me. That was £2.00.


And finally the last few items. Eyeliners and plumping lip gloss. In Illamasqua, when I had Apocalips put on, the Make up artist lined my lips with a blue liner, and then put on the lipstick. Of course, she tried to sell it to me, but I knew I could get the exact colour from MUA for a pound!! And lets face it, I'm not gonna wear it everyday. It is in shade 'Turquoise' and is a very close dupe to 'Debonair' from Illamasqua, just £12.00 cheaper. I got the 'Royal Blue' shade also, and the Illamasqua dupe is called 'Paddle'. I can't believe how close it is really!

For the lippies, I got two of the plumping 'Out There' glosses, which were £2.00 each. I got them in 'Shocking Pink' and 'Buff'. They do sting a tad! But no pain, no gain!


So I hope you liked my little haul, please go out and try the MUA products yourselves if you haven't already, I think you would be pleasantly surprised! 
If you are still with me, here is an adorably cute picture of our bunny, Peanut. She is the most spoilt bunny in the world, and I wouldn't have it any other way! 


Ciao for now XxX

2 comments:

  1. I did exactly the same thing this weekend and went on a M.A.C, Illamasqua and MUA shopping spree! Just online so I have to wait for their arrival. I love the colour of the Illamasqua lipstick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Haha! As soon as the weekend comes my purse starts shivering! It's nice to top up the make up collection though! =D x

    ReplyDelete